Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
makeshift0
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Synchronization to outlook calander

I've just obtained a 9700.  I've set up my outlook email account on the device and set up sync in the desktop manager.  My contacts and tasks sync OK, but no joy so far with my calander.  Any suggestions?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Synchronization to outlook calander

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

First...please ensure that the version of the RIM desktop software is compatible with your version of Outlook:

• KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

If not, please upgrade/downgrade either DTM or Outlook so that they are compatible. Then start over.

If they are compatible, please follow this KB to obtain additional information:

• KB01451 How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails

Then inspect the results to see if anything there is helpful to your situation.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
makeshift0

Many thanks for the suggestion.  I've located intellisync folder, only it is full of empty folders, no ilotcfg.cfg file

New Contributor
hariani
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Dear All

My new 9700 synced perfectly the first time with desktop manager.

but now everytime i try to sync it says "Connector point error"

Please help

Thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

hariani wrote:

Dear All

My new 9700 synced perfectly the first time with desktop manager.

but now everytime i try to sync it says "Connector point error"

Please help

Thanks

Hi there!

There is no such error message documented in the public KB's. Please check again and search the KBs for the specific error message:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/microsite.do

Best.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

makeshift0 wrote:

Many thanks for the suggestion.  I've located intellisync folder, only it is full of empty folders, no ilotcfg.cfg file

Did you activate advanced logging as discussed in the KB?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
makeshift0

Hi

OK I've managed to configure and then reconfigure iloptcfg.cfg file but apparently to no effect

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

makeshift0 wrote:

Hi

OK I've managed to configure and then reconfigure iloptcfg.cfg file but apparently to no effect

Sorry, but..."to no effect" tells us nothing. Please remember that we can't see what you see...you need to be detailed with us so that we can understand what you've attempted to do as well as the result. Please reply back with details so that we can understand. I can honestly say that I've no idea what you actually tried to do nor what the result is...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
makeshift0

Good point

I've :

Identified that the Calander is the app causing the sync to fail

Turned off all other apps

Configured the iloptcfg.cfg file as per KB01451 (changed MultiJobTracelog to value 200 and tif.log to100) saved and closed

Synchronized using the affected application

Reconfigured the iloptcfg.cfg file as per KB01451 (changed MultiJobTracelog to value 1 and tif.log to 0) saved and closed

Attempted to sync - no joy

Contributor
makeshift0

I see from your first post that once I had followed KB01451 I should 'inspect the results to see if there is anything helpful.  Not sure what I should be looking for here