Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Dominic
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Synchronize Email between BB 9700, iPad and Microsoft Outlook on PC

I am trying to synchronize my email account on my BB 9700, iPad and PC (Microsoft Outlook).  The email account is set as an IMAP account on the 3 devices and the only issue I have is that when I delete email on the PC or iPad they delete more or less immediately on these devices but they take an age to delete on the BB and I'm never sure are they actually going to delete on the BB. 

I am wondering  is there a setting on the BB that I am unaware of controling this? Note however when I delete on the BB (handheld and mailbox option) they delete more or less immediately on the other 2 devices and so it is clearly synchronised but for some reason the message to delete is very slow getting to the BB from the other 2 devices.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Synchronize Email between BB 9700, iPad and Microsoft Outlook on PC

[ Edited ]

Hello!

There is no setting you can control. What influences how fast this happens contains a wide variety of variables, so there cannot be any prediction as to how fast it will actually go through. Suffice to say that, along all channels (your BB, BIS, your email server, your other devices) doing anything other than sending and receiving new email items is of a much lower priority. So this includes (if supported) read/unread marks, Sent Item placements, and deleted item reconciliation. You cannot control how fast any of these will happen...they happen when they happen, depending on all of the other variables that are at play. I've seen it take 24 hours or longer, and even occasionally fail completely (no warning, just does not happen).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dominic

Thank you for your advice. I am wondering if this a problem specific to Blackberry as an iPhone which we also have synchronizes almost immediately. Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Given the technical aspects of the BB solution as I understand them, I would not call this "a problem". Rather, I would call it WAD -- Working As Designed. While it may be different from how other platforms perform, that alone does not make it "a problem".

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dominic

Point taken! Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
VE2FET
My Device: Bold 9900 7.1 bundel 1646

sdgardne wrote:
Given the technical aspects of the BB solution as I understand them, I would not call this "a problem". Rather, I would call it WAD -- Working As Designed. While it may be different from how other platforms perform, that alone does not make it "a problem".

Good luck!

You should go in politics... Working As Designed as the answer when it is working better on another platform, so, you as saying, not, me, that the Blackberry design is BAD... (Basically Aging Daily).

From what I read, from the other poster, is that the Apple solution is also WAD (Working As Designed) but theirs is FASTER... intereting... thanks, the more I read here the more I can make an opinion.

Please use plain text.