Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jtbusfield
My Device: Bold 9650

Synchronizing contacts

Folks,

Not a good week with my BB 9650.  Close to abandoning ship.

First, the BB stopped receiving emails.  Two hours on the phone and this was finally corrected.  However there was the suggestion that I should update the BB OS.  Did so to 5.0.0.983.  Promptly lost contacts.  Discovered settings for filtering, and eliminated filters, though now a new entry appears six times and deleting one deletes all.  Convenient (sic).

However, the real issue is syncing with Outlook 2007 (with USB, not using wireless). My BB Desktop Software stopped syncing with Outlook so the lost contacts were not recovered.  Installed BB Desktop 7 and tried again.  Still will not sync.  Under the organizer menu, contact is showed as grey with the parenthetical comment (not available) and menu item grayed also.  Thus cannot sync with Outlook, a basic requirement for business purposes.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Joe B 

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Synchronizing contacts

Hi jtbusfield,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your contacts. In the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, where it says contacts not available, does it also say "syncing wirelessly"? Below the list of organizers, do you see "Settings on your device are preventing the synchronization of some items"?

I would recommend verifying that wireless synchronization isn't enabled and causing this by checking the settings outlined in this KB article. "How to confirm that wireless reconciliation and synchronization is enabled on the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/MFaURY

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
jtbusfield
My Device: Bold 9650

Re: Synchronizing contacts

Thanks for input. I had checked the wireless option and it was disabled. However the problem went away after I upgraded the Desktop software and then the BB device OS to 6, The sysnc then showed the "Contacts" option and did as it was told.

JTB