Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
RosieBear
My Device: Bold 9790

Syncronization problem - BlackBerry Bold 9790

I just updated the software on my BlackBerry Bold, I now have version 7.1.    The device has wiped-out all of the calendar entries in my Microsoft outlook account.  I have tried to re-sync, from device to computer, and it will not work.  I've uninstalled the Desktop Software then reinstalled it and still no luck.  Any suggestions??

P.S.  Just a minor vent, I find software updates with BlackBerry more annoying and disruptive than they were when I had an I-Phone.....

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Syncronization problem - BlackBerry Bold 9790

Hello...and apologies for the delayed reply...hopefully you already got this resolved, but just in case!

I suspect you left something out of what you have actually done. There is no way that a device OS update, all by itself, can touch your MS Outlook entries. Not possible. On the other hand, if you did an OS update, did not properly restore the data to the BB, and then did a synchronization to Outlook, that could indeed result in what happened since the BB calendar would be empty (but you would have had to specifically authorize the synchronization to wipe out everything inside of Outlook).

In any event, please clarify exactly what you did, leaving nothing out this time. What you describe, exactly as written, simply isn't possible.

Beyond that, it may be hopeless...for instance...if your BB calendar is empty AND if your Outlook calendar is empty AND you did not previously take advantage of any of the FREE methods to backup your data in either location, THEN there is no hope as there is no source for restore of your data.

But, again, from the data you provided, there is just too much missing to enable useful guessing.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code