Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
k12cambel
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: t mobile

Re: T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9700 got BlackBerry OS 6

Hi please can anyone tell my how and were to download the OS 6 for my T mobile bold9700,I tried using the link above but ir appears to have been remove,thank
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
er2joe
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)
My Carrier: AT&T

Here is the site to download BB software, Downloads.

Don't know which site was mentioned above that you couldn't use. Too many pages to this thread to find it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tunsmen13
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN nigeria

Hello there, pls I just installed the OS 6.0.0.534 on my t-mobile branded bold 9700. But I noticed the application storage memory is zapped and reducing meanwhile, I had more apps installed on my 5.0 OS and had over 75mb free, now with lesser apps, I have just about 23mb left.

Also, the browser always says pages are too heavy and it would close the page because my phone does not have enough memory.

I also did a hard reset after arranging my home screen icons the way I wanted them. When the phone booted, everything was scattered again and I had to rearrange. It was never like that on the 5.0 OS.

I like the OS and so what can I do???????? Plus is there A MORE STABLE VERSION/RELEASE of the 6.0 OS?

Thanks a million. Wud make sure to 'kudo' useful responses.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
00bunge00
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi there, and welcome to the forum!

Firstly, yes your device will have less memory after update as OS6 is bigger than OS5. For example, the Bold 9780 has 512mb of built in memory compared to the 9700 which has 256mb. The 9780 ships with OS6 already installed, so will run it much better as it has the memory and processor to handle it.
When OS6 was released for the 9700, it was stripped very slightly so the processor and memory can handle it. So having less memory is not an odd thing, everybody with a 9700 with OS6, will have reduced memory! Including me!

As for the icons resetting, I've never encountered that so I don't know, sorry!

This is the version of OS6 that I'm running! Try this:
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=02A32AD2669E6FE298E607FE7CC0E1A0&dl=...

2. Do a FULL backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry.

3. Save the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup)
then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed)

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. Plug back into BB DTM and restore from back up!
Enjoy the new OS.
Follow ALL intructions EXACTLY!!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
00bunge00

Sorry I just realised I didn't actually answer your question of what you can do!

To be honest, there isn't much you can do! You can try deleting never used or unwanted apps to free up memory, or do regular reboots which will recover lost memory!
Most people do this using apps such as QuickPull. Quickpull will do a simulated reboot at a preset time everyday such as when your asleep, or another time your not using your BlackBerry. You can download Quickpull from the BB App World.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tunsmen13

Thanks......I was going to buy a 9780 buh was convinced to go with this 9700......anyways, its all good. Wud download quickpull now. Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
00bunge00

No problem, its what we're here for! Any other problems, feel free to ask!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tunsmen13

sorry, i forgot to ask, how satisfied are you with the version you are running?
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
00bunge00

Very! I've had it since it came out about 6 months ago and I've never had a single problem with it! No glitches, nothing!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wachira
My Carrier: Safaricom

Hi,
You instructions on how to upgrade from OS5 to OS6 is point on!!!!! Thank you very much!! Just did it and am like a 6 year old who has just got his 1st video game!!!
Now my problem is that I cant seem to be able to get my backup, back into my blackberry.
Please heeelp!!!
Please use plain text.