Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Gester24
My Device: T-mobile Blackberry Curve 9300

Re: T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9700 got BlackBerry OS 6

sweet. I found a way to do it without deleting. i had to blidnly find my way to themes and change the theme to the OS 6. It worked :smileyhappy:. THanks so much Sir for all the help. I greatly appreciate it. One final question if you are not to busy. Do you reccomend installing manually my apps or restoring them? Thanks :smileyhappy: 

Super Contributor
00bunge00
My Device: Bold 9700

No problem, please do me a favour and click Kudo on a few of my helpful answers! The best way is to restore from your backup, that will restore everything!
Contributor
Gester24

will do :smileyhappy: i have stumbled across a problem once again. If you dont mind answering it that would be great. I restored my stuff, but all the downloads i have downloaded are not present. WHen i finished resdtoring the desktop manager said, some stuff could not be restored. Is it because my apps are OS5 not OS 6? and i would have to reinstall them one by one again? thanks 

Contributor
Gester24

i have also seemed to lost a lot of memory. Out of 250 i only have 71 mb remaining.. But the funny thing is.. i have no apps on the phone.. no 3rd party applications. Only apps from when i installed the OS6. Do you know how to increase my memory size and figure out where my apps went? thanks a bunch :smileyhappy:

Visitor
chukws
My Device: Blackberry 9700

Hi thanks for this step-by-step upgrade and the link. I installed the OS 6 on my 9700 without a problem. It is awesome. Thanks again.

Super Contributor
00bunge00

No problem!
New Contributor
eddi0
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Thanks 00Bungee00, looks real good.  Wondering if you are also missing Visual Voicemail (Tmobile) and Password keeper?

Any idea on how to retrieve those two items?  I went back to software updater and tried adding them again through updater...no go.

Is it possible that Telus does not support either of those two programs?

Much thanks.

Super Contributor
00bunge00

I'm not on tmobile so I haven't encountered the first one, and no, I still have mine! So I don't know how to get them back
New Contributor
morekur44
My Device: 9700

Dear 00bunge00,

9700 OS 6.0 in this link....is it the official OS 6 from T-Mobile?

If it's the official one, then i want to installed in my blackberry.

Thank you for your help.

Super Contributor
00bunge00

Yes that's an official OS release, but for Telus, not T Mobile. However you can still install it on your device!
Download from that link and then follow these instructions.
2. Do a FULL backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry.

3. Save the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup)
then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed)

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

enjoy the new OS.