Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
dannyhonger
My Device: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700

TRACK PAD NOT WORKING :(

my 2 year old bold 9700s trackpad stopped working ive done battery pulls restarts and everything i possibly knew but none of it worked please help

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: TRACK PAD NOT WORKING :(

The trackpads are fairly easy to replace if you're any good at disassembly.

Just google replacement trackpad for BlackBerry 9700 and lots of hits for buying replacements and instructions for installing are available. If you can do it you can fix it for about $10-$15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
dannyhonger
My Device: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700

Thanks! i would if i could but i do not have the time and money for that right now

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Your options are to fix it (or get it fixed), replace the device, or live with it they way it is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
tygarbyte
My Device: 8100,8300,9000,9700

If you were are corporate user, one of my user had the same issue. Trackpad stopped working and he press down both thumbs soo hard on the screen and cracked it, then went and got a cheap prepaid phone one that makes and receives calls.

Guru I
John_Clark

tygarbyte wrote:

If you were are corporate user, one of my user had the same issue. Trackpad stopped working and he press down both thumbs soo hard on the screen and cracked it, then went and got a cheap prepaid phone one that makes and receives calls.

How is that helpful?