Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ellewlkr
My Device: bold 9700

Take Out Battery - Not the cover - the actual battery

Hi All,

I just got a Bold today...and honestly, I'm already wanting to throw it out of the window and never look back.  I have never been so frustrated.

All I need to know is how to remove the battery.  I already know how to take off the cover.  I need to remove the actual battery.

Can anyone explain how this is done?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
macska
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Take Out Battery - Not the cover - the actual battery

Hello,

Removing the battery is rather easy. The battery removes from the bottom up. So, if looking at the back of the phone, on the bottom edge of the battery, there is a (very) small "notch" where you should be able to get your nail into then all you have to do is give a light push and pull the battery upwards. The first few times may take some getting used to, but it's really easy once you figure it out.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Julez7
My Device: Bold

I wanted to reboot my phone and was having issues taking out my battery as well.  If you want to reset your phone withour removing the battery, you can do this:
By hitting ALT+RIGHT SHIFT+DEL your blackberry will reset itself. It will go black for about 2 to 4 seconds then you will see the famous blackberry hourglass. Be patient and in about 2 to 5 minutes your blackberry will reset.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Julez7 wrote:
I wanted to reboot my phone and was having issues taking out my battery as well.  If you want to reset your phone withour removing the battery, you can do this:
By hitting ALT+RIGHT SHIFT+DEL your blackberry will reset itself. It will go black for about 2 to 4 seconds then you will see the famous blackberry hourglass. Be patient and in about 2 to 5 minutes your blackberry will reset.

That is a soft reset, a hard reset is a battery pull. They are different.

You can get the Quickpull app which does simulate a battery pull without actually dismantling your device

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.