Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9900

Take long time to reboot after installing updatessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My blackberry has successfully installed the updates and now rebooting the device. But why it takes too much time to reboot? Is it normal? Can you help me this time? I need a quick solution since it is my only phone.  I've waited since yesterday but one help. Please help meeeeeee!!!!!!! Thank you.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Take long time to reboot after installing updatessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

Sometimes after updates, the reboot process is unusually long...I've seen that, and consider it normal. How long to wait? That's the guessing game!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

It just need another 1 % to complete. But it keeps saying "unable to connect your device" then ask  me to retry. WHY IS THAT SO? WHY CAN'T I HAVE JUST A DAY WITHOUT BLACKBERRY'S PROBLEM? Do you expect me to send back this to the provider every once a month or what? I bought blackberry to solve my problem. Not giving me problemmmmmmm

Hall of Famer II

Hey if you are going to yell at me, I'll just go and play elsewhere. Have a nice day.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Alright now should I wait  with battery on or not? And will it help to open my blackberry if I wait?

Hall of Famer II

I don't know...you've yet to say anything about how long it normally takes to reboot versus how long you've now already waited. So I can't possibly make any guess for you without some facts...

The error message you stated it shows concerns me though...it might be that a simple unplug/replug of the USB cable will let it complete. Or a batt-pull/reinsert (with the USB cable still attached) might cure it. It might also be that anything like that will wipe out everything and you'll have to start over...fortunately, I'm sure you've been taking regular backups, so your data is quite safe...you have been, right?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yup, I have been done that weekly. I think so. If you had experienced this(installing updates via Blackberry Device Software), how long it usually take to get the phone alive?

Hall of Famer II

All experiences are different and unique; how long it took in my situation is not relevant to how long it could take in your situation. Rather, the comparison between how long it normally takes for you against how long this is taking is what is relevant. And, since you've not revealed any of that, I can't guess for you. If it's taking 5 times as long as "normal", then it's probably OK...more than that, and it might be a problem (especially given the error message you state).

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates