Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

ewojcik
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930

Text Message Dialogue Box

I recently purchased the Blackberry Bold 9930.  I am a Bank of America Employee, and we are not permitted to send text messages.  We can, however, receive text messages.  When I received a text message on my old Blackberry - the Curve - I could read the text message, and call the person to reply.  On my new Blackberry, when I open the Text Icon, I immediately get a dialogue box that says, "Text Messages have been blocked".  The dialogue box blocks the text message, and I cannot see who the text is from, or what it says.  When I click "OK" on the Dialogue Box, it takes me back to the main screen.  I have called Bank of America Tech support - 30 minutes - no fix.  I have called Verizon tech support - 30 minutes - no fix.  Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get rid of that dialogue box in the future?

Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Text Message Dialogue Box

Hello ewojcik

Welcome to the forums. 

If you go to Options - Security - Firewall do you check a check mark in the Text Messages box? If you do see a check here are you able to un check the option?  If you are not able to un check this option then there would be no way to view these messages as they are being blocked by the IT policy.  The only way to get around this would be to have your IT admin set a policy on your device to allow you to send and receive text messages. 

Hope this helps. Have a good day. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!