Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Text Messages forwarded to wrong person

First time poster here, and I have a serious problem.

Apparently, while i was texting back and forth with a friend of mine, someone else in my phonebook was also receiving the same text messages.

I always press reply on incoming text messages, so its not as though I can make a mistake and choose the wrong name in the phone book to text.  And looking back at the history, it does not list anyone else in the send to section.

As you can imagine, this is a major problem if some texts are going to the wrong sender.

Anyone else have this problem?  Are there any options on the phone I should be checking?

I have an angry ex-girlfriend who is getting messages I'm sending to other people.  Please help...lol.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Text Messages forwarded to wrong person

Does it only happen on replys or when you're composing new messages too?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

only on replies....so far.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Unless there was someone else's name/number in the To line, I can't think of a setting that would cause this. Cna you try to reset the device by removing the battery for 30 seconds. Try and reply to a message and see if it still happens. Also does this happen on any reply or only replies to a certain person?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.