Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Text Messaging Icon and Visual Notifications Missing

Product - Blackberry 9900 Bold - 7.0 Bundle 2392 (v7.0.0.576, Platform

For some reason I have lost my Text Messaging Icon.  If I look in my Contacts - I am able to select a Contact and then hit Menu and am given the option of "Send a Text Message" - which works.

When I receive a text message - the appropriate notification goes off (audible or vibrate), but, there is no indication in the status bar that there is a new text message.  If I go into "Contacts" and look at the individual that sent the text message, I can see the conversation in their history.  Obviously, with a ton of Contacts, even if I do happen to get the notification, it can be quite the task to figure out where its coming from.  I assume that any texts that do not have an associated Contact are just simply gone.

Any ideas?

All Replies
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Text Messaging Icon and Visual Notifications Missing

Hi dougpeel,

Are you using the default theme on your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone or a 3rd party theme? Have you verified that the SMS Messages icon isn't hidden? From your Home screen, please press the Menu key and choose Show All. Be sure to do the same in all folders in case the icon was moved.

Hope this helps.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!