Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile - EE

Text and Mail deletion - please help

Hi there, I do hope this problem will be fixed soon. It seems that Blackberry team really wants their customers to run away from their phones...

Well, I am facing the well-known text and messages auto-deletion issue, that some may have experienced. 

I changed to 'forever' the option 'days to keep messages' in messages > options

It worked for a couple of days, then, all of a sudden, my phone decided to cancel texts and mail older than 20 days. 

It can't be a low memory issue because currently I have it to 177204411 bytes; and if it happened before, I am quite surprised, since I have very few applications running in multitasking.

In any case, this is not acceptable, is there an upgrade of the OS that will fix the issue that you are aware of?

In case of a low memory issue the phone should quit applications, it shouldn't cancel messages - which no 'dumb' phone of the past even DARE cancelling... and if it wasn't a problem for very simple phones such as the old nokia, I don't see the point here. It would be nice to understand exactly what is the issue and why bold 9900 (&co) behaves in such a way. 

I am afraid I will have to join any android or iphone community soon, otherwise. Such a shame.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.