Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

eziokwu12
My Device: BB 9900

Text messages and synchronizing facebook calendar to BB

I just got a new BB Bold 9900 and was wondering if there's a way to transfer text messages from my old BB Bold 9780.

Also, I want to synch my facebook birthday calendar with my BB which works just fine. However, once I deactivate my facebook (something I want to do), the synched birthdays disappear. I was able to keep the synched birthdays in my old 9780 even after deactivating my facebook but unable to do it with this new device. Please does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Thank you

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Text messages and synchronizing facebook calendar to BB

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

eziokwu12 wrote:

I just got a new BB Bold 9900 and was wondering if there's a way to transfer text messages from my old BB Bold 9780.

The backup/restore process can move any databases between devices...refer to the link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions. You may also want to consider the use of the Device Switch Wizard:

• KB23677 How to switch devices using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code