Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Text messages are automatically deleted. PLS HELP

before? yes I restored my back up after I reloaded my os
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

so your problem is in your backup file

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I had the EXACT same problem on an older device [Bold 9000] a while ago, and also today on my Bold 9700.

Fortunately, i had downloaded the "Blackberry Protect" app for free from App World. It basically wirelessly backs-up the phone's data [contacts, calender, memo, text messages etc], in the event that the device gets lost or stolen. You can choose to have the phone automatically back itself up every day [which is what i do]. It does not interfere with the functionality of the device as it backs-up either. There are other aspects of this app, but for me, the best part, is that you can restore the data from a sepcific point in time, or however you've programmed your settings.

I suffered the same problem as you and simply restored the device from the previous day and as i checked back, all my text messages had been restored in my inbox. I quickly saved them to avoid any future heart-attacks! I'm not sure if you were lucky enough to download that app, as it literally saved my life. But it appears to be the only solution to the problem, as i discovered the phone does this when the memory is running low or exhausted.

The other option would be to restore the messages from you last back-up via Desktop Manager. But as most people don't back up everyday, it will only restore older messages, and not the ones that were received after the last vback-up.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

Back up device first , update your device with latest OS (do not select automatically restore data ) after upgrade done go to back up restore > advanced select files you want to restore do not restore any configurations files . do not restore full backup .