Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Traceygregorcyk
My Device: Bold 9930

Texting glitch after recent update

When I text one person, other random people in my contact list, show to be recipients as well. Verizon told me Blackberry is aware of the glitch and is fixing it. Is there a fix yet?

Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Texting glitch after recent update

Hello,
Please try doing a battery-pull, if that doesn't help try updating your Bold's Operating System, or at least reloading it.
Hope this helps
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Elite I
Krypto

[ Edited ]

Have you recently updated your device software? If so, how did you perform the update?  If it was via a wireless software update, a software reload may help as suggested by HSingh2012 as there may have been a problem during the software update.

To do that, follow the instructions in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Otherwise, the alternative is to ask Verizon when they will issue a new software update to resolve the issue.  Unfortunately, software updates are issued by the individual carriers, not direct from RIM, so we're often left waiting for the carriers to update.  You can also attempt a software downgrade using the same method listed above.  This will put you on an older software that didn't have this issue.  Just pick the OS version you'd rather use.

I hope this info helps and sorry you're experiencing this issue!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Developer
Wiki_Berry

I hope it does! :smileyhappy:
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi