Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Not Specified

The device spontaneously resets itself

Hello everyone,

i currently manage about 45 blackberry running on a BES under Lotus Domino and recently we have bought 5 more Blackberry Bold 9000.

Unfortunately all the devices have a strange behaviour and they reset themselves without an apparent reason (users told me about a "53" error or "523" error).  This is a really annoying problem.

The "best solution" i found is this little tech note : http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB16178&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Does anybody know something more about this issue?

Thanks a lot,

Giulio

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: The device spontaneously resets itself

Hi Giulio,

Same here, got my Bold last week. I noticed when I put it on my cup holder in my car, the phone

restarts itslef (no error message) when I hit a bump or uneven road. At first I thought it was the battery cover. So i've re-seat it.

It didn't re-occur for the  2 days  but started to re-occur today. Does anyone have an idea? Is the a manufacturing issuse?

Thanks.

CoB
Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve

Seems like a mechanical issue to me.
Ahmed @ Zain Bahrain
Pearl 8100, Bold 9000, Curve 8900
Contributor
My Device: 9000 Bold

I was having the same problem until I have upgrade my Bold's firmware.

I have now install on my Bold .168 and everything seem to work fine.

New Contributor
My Device: 9000 Bold

[ Edited ]

Like the previous post stated it's most likely a firmware issue. RIM never usually sends those out with the most current device software, so if you experience issues, the best thing to do is use the "Application Loader" utility in BlackBerry Desktop Manager to upgrade the device.

The support thread above from RIM should help!! You'll need a Windows-based PC loaded with Desktop Manager AND the Device Software specific to your device which can be grabbed on the RIM download site as well. GOOD LUCK!

Downloads for AT&T Customers

Message Edited by wrxguy02 on 01-09-2009 02:23 PM