Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Plorenzo
My Device: Bold 9900

The keyboard of my bold 9900 is not working

Hello everybody. This morning, out of nothing, the keyboard of my bold 9900,stop working, my bb enter in safe mode, and I couldn't take it back, until I reset it several times. The control buttons aren't working either, but the touch screen is working well. When I reset it the keyboard works for a while, but stops working again. I turn it on in the safe mode, but the problem persist. If somebody knows what could be the problem, and help solve it, I will appreciate it very much.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: The keyboard of my bold 9900 is not working

Hello!

What you describe sounds like moisture damage...if there is any possibility at all, then 

REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time. Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

Otherwise, since the problem persists in Safe Mode, your next steps would be more drastic -- device WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, "Bare Bones" OS Reload Diagnostic Process, etc. Of course, if the problem is damaged/defective hardware, then there is no amount of self-diagnostics, internet-distance diagnostics, or OS/software related fixes that can help...only in hand evaluation by a qualified hardware technician can actually diagnose that and provide you an estimate.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Plorenzo
My Device: Bold 9900

Thank you very much for your rapid answer. As you said it was a hardware problem, so I had to take it to a technician. It wasn't moisture damage, in fact, the problem was because, it fell once, like a year ago, and I thought nothing happened, but yes it did. The back panel of the housing and the metal border were damaged and by the time it got worst. This parts has electrical circuits that interact with the other parts of the phone, I didn't know that. They change both parts and the phone is working very well now.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Excellent! I'm glad they were able to repair it for you. Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code