Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
freedomgazer
My Device: Bold 9790
Accepted Solution

The phone will not turn on?

PHONE WON'T TURN ON IT IS A BLACKBERrY BOLD 9790.  ALL I SEE IS AN EMPTY BATtERY WITH A RED X IN THE MIDDLE OF IT.  The phone was fully charged before going to bed last night. this morning it did't matter what I tried, nothing happened.  I removed the battery replaced it and plugged it in and all i see in the middle is as stated above.   Also can't receive pictures in text messages  aeghhh

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: The phone will not turn on?

Your battery is dead. Just plug it in an recharge it. I had the same thing happen to me with a 9860. I think in my case the phone was trying to connect to a very weak signal and ran down totally overnight.
New Contributor
freedomgazer

My son mentioned that perhaps there is an issue with the battery, as i was using my blackberry playbook charger on it?  It took almost 7 hours to fully charge the battery again.  I think I may have done something to the battery using the PB charger.  I guess I will be ordering a new battery to have on hand.  Thanks so much for getting back to me.  Also, do you have any idea why I cannot get pictures sent via text? 

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

You should only use the charger that came with the unit. The PlayBook charger puts out quite a bit more juice than that for a cell. I am sorry, I can't help you with the photos.
New Contributor
freedomgazer

Thank you for your response, even though RIM stated it is safe to do so, it will just charge it faster, I believe it kills the batteries, as others had mentioned in a forum.

Thanks so much for all your help.

New Contributor
Nnekie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Please I would like that you offer some advice with regards my Bold 9900 that refused to come on almost 24 hours now. It keeps showing a message that reads 'App Error 200 reset' it also would come on and off and i just cant get my mind off this phone i need my phone back on. Please anyone HELP
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Take the battery out, wait a minute and put it back in. Try it.
New Contributor
Nnekie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

I already did! As matter of fact, I did same with the sim card too. Nothing is working. Just now I downloaded the device software but Im still on it, the internet is literally crawling on here. Its frustrating to be without a phone.

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Yes try this:
force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144