Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jacques868
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodacom

This is what you call service

28 February 2013 I log an enquiry that I have problems transferring backup to my new phone. After a few reply’s from support my messages was just ignored until today, 7 days later I receive an email to say if I still have problems I must phone their international support call centers.

Client service response only after a week?? Hoping any one reading the message has better luck with this support site and really experience better service. If they contacted me the next day or within 48 hours you might still get the feeling they there to help but not a week.

The new phone I received in December 2012 was sent back due to keypad problems from day one and the new phone was replaced with a refurbished phone?? Great, you buy a faulty new phone and receive a refurbished phone back??

I have no words for a company knowing that their opposition out there is very big supplying this type of service. I don’t see the company making in in the long run with this type of back up service.

I’m still shocked and did not expect this from a global company.  I have to take this complain to other sites as well that other customers can think twice doing business with BlackBerry.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: This is what you call service

Hello!

We are so sorry that you are having so many difficulties. While many experience the same (a search here will reveal that fact), there are also many who have very positive experiences with their BB. Not every device is suitable for everyone -- which IMHO is why there are so many choices.

However, do you perhaps consider this site to be part of your formal support? For it is most certainly not...these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to/from-BlackBerry formal conduit. As such, it is dependent on the voluntary efforts of the kind folks who spend time here trying to help out other kind souls. Often, the recommendation is indeed to seek formal support...for formal support simply does not exist in this forum.

If it is formal support you require, then you must go through your contractually required channels for that...which never starts with BlackBerry themselves. Rather, it starts with your mobile service provider, your original place of purchase, or an authorized service center...it varies by region as well as specific issue, so I cannot tell you exactly what your formal support channel is. But, again, this site has nothing whatsoever to do with any of your formal support.

Your formal support channel has the ability (indeed, responsibility!) to escalate cases into BlackBerry that they cannot solve (at no fee to the end user). It is possible to bypass your carrier and seek assistance direct from BlackBerry, but such involves fees since you are bypassing your support contract. You can research "Incident Support" here:

If you desire to ask other kind volunteers for specific assistance about how to get the most use out of your BB, then this forum would indeed be the correct place for that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jacques868
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodacom

The email replies I’m receiving from your support team really makes my day. Who could believe that companies could till, today, be so narrow minded. 

Your message it’s also not much and also showing the users some where there is very big communications problems between your company and the user. Now where on the site, I was told to contact my service provider instead of the supplier of the product. If I was referred to my service provider from the start I could maybe understand. In the 4 email I received from you support branch no one told me get hold of you service provider. Or ( and this is the best part) support from Blackberry itself involves fees.  Blackberry, the supplier of the product charges you for back up support???? If it is to keep the support volumes down and rather refer the customer to a local support I would at least clearly advise the clients this FROM THE START. Or did I miss the part somewhere on your site?

It’s very clear that the communication I’m receiving from this site (you) and the feedback I’m receiving from the email support team is very but very much different. Feels like I’m communicating with 2 different companies??

My question again. Where did I go wrong or miss something very big in trying to get support for my phone? 

More and more I’m getting the idea that that I did not go wrong trying to get support (since there is no support) I went wrong in ordering 9 phones for the company. Thanks you for small miracles, in 2 months I have to re order new phones for the company and at this point it’s very clear that the IPhone will have be our new choice. Or will the other client on this site, that tries to help other users, due to lack of support advise me rather to try another brand?

Looking forward to all your advice. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Please re-read what I posted above...you keep referring to me as if I am part of BlackBerry...I am not. This site you are posting to is a volunteer-contributed user-to-user community. It has nothing to do with any formal support from BlackBerry, and I do not work for them. I am volunteering, out of the kindness of my heart, to try and help you -- but when you continue to denigrate me as well as BlackBerry, my motivation level to continue my voluntary efforts for you drops.

I have no idea who else you are communicating with, nor what they are saying to you, nor who they even are. I have no way to know if they are formal BlackBerry or some other entity. 100% of the information I have to use is what you have posted in this thread on this forum...I do not know what other threads you have posted in nor what may have been responded to within them...I have no other information available to me aside from this one thread (now only 4 posts long). So I need your help in understanding...and only by understanding can I be able to provide you with adequate guidance.

The support model for BlackBerry is what it is...and all parties are contractually bound to it. When you bought your BB and/or subscribed for BB-services, you agreed to this support model as part of your contract. Whether the model is "good" or "bad" is a totally different (and not relevant) discussion...it is what it is, and you are also contractually bound to it.

When you registered on this site, you further agreed to it's Ts and Cs, and were provided information as to what the purpose of this site is and what expectations you can have from participation here. This is not a "trouble ticket" system where individual issues are tracked and monitored by anyone. Again, this is a volunteer contributed user-to-user community and has nothing whatsoever to do with any formal support from anywhere at all.

So, to answer a few of your questions -- yes, you did miss some things. You missed your contractually required support methods. You missed the purpose of this site. You missed what I said in my first reply to you in this thread.

I have no way to know anything about what happened with any of your interactions prior to the few posts in this single thread...and even if I did have information about them, there is of course nothing I can do to change factual history. All I can do is try to help you from this point forward, and correct any misunderstandings you may have from the past (e.g., the contractually required support model, etc.).

So, again, I refer you to what I've already said in this post as well as my initial reply in this thread...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.