Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Jezsmithers
My Device: Bold 9900

This new way of abdicating responsibility for your product

This is great isn`t it. Used to be that you bought something and if you had a problem you could talk to someone in the company about it.

Ha, forget that, we can save some money. Just get all your customers to chat to each other in a a forum you laughingly call a support community.

Great, but then you just sit there like a bleedin lemon hoping some geek can help you out. The phone call was quicker and you got an answer one way or the other.

Progress!

JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: This new way of abdicating responsibility for your product

No clue what you're talking about. You have a valid support contract with your mobile provider (BT??) and if you need technical support for either your BlackBerry smartphone hardware or the service, you call them. Any issue for which they cannot resolve, they will (and you should insist) that it be escalated to RIM level tech support.

THIS forum, of which you insultingly mock, is a user-to-user support community, one of only a half dozen or so alternative ways to get technical help. It's not official RIM support, we're users just like you (well, not exactly like you, maybe more appreciative than you). There's no need to be insulting. Call BT and get your official support.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Jezsmithers
My Device: Bold 9900

Well forgive me for mocking what I thought was the official forum for Blackberry.

If this is my only recourse to resolve an issue that hasn`t been dealt with by my supplier then it fails on all levels.

Who are you to tell me that I`m not appreciative?

I have paid money to have the displeasure of using defective goods. In any other area of life you could actually talk to someone from the manufacturer to try to resolve your issues.

Seems to me that there must be a lot of other very dissatisfied users out there and that`s why Apple have taken RIMs business away from them.

JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Oh give it a break. Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Even in the UK, BlackBerry is outselling the iPhone.

Jezsmithers wrote:

Who are you to tell me that I`m not appreciative?

I can read your shrill statement above. That's the only qualification I need to see that you are rude and unappreciative of the volunteers users who spend lots of time here helping others out.

Jezsmithers wrote:

I have paid money to have the displeasure of using defective goods. In any other area of life you could actually talk to someone from the manufacturer to try to resolve your issues.

You didn't buy the product from BlackBerry or RIM, you purchased it through an authorized seller, you haven't said where, but let's assume it was through BT.

BY CONTRACT to you and to RIM, they provide the frontline technical support for the hardware and the BlackBerry Internet Service. This is quite evident and posted in this forum alone thousands of times. If your Hyundai or Mercedes has a fault within warranty, you don't pick up the phone and call someone in Korea or Stuttgart, do you, or even put it on a cargo ship back to manufacturer do you? No, you deal with the dealer. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code