Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
anlka67
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Claro

To get back my own IMEI Number

Hello,

I have a problem with my Blackberry Bold 9900.

Three days ago somehow my phones IMEI number changed. I dont know how but it changed. After that i checked my imei it is the same as the behind the phone. But when i checked my imei number with *#06# it is starting with 00... . Because of this 00..... imei number my phone blocked and i cannot use any simcard in it.

How could i get back my own IMEI Number?

Please help me, because i am phoneless for a while.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: To get back my own IMEI Number

anlka67 wrote :

Three days ago somehow my phones IMEI number changed. I dont know how but it changed. After that i checked my imei it is the same as the behind the phone. But when i checked my imei number with *#06# it is starting with 00... . Because of this 00..... imei number my phone blocked and i cannot use any simcard in it.

How could i get back my own IMEI Number?

Hi anlka67 

Welcome to the Community

Sorry but IMEI number of a device cannot be changed .From where you brought your phone ? is it a used device or a new one.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anlka67

It's a new one it came to our country from a friend of mine from mexico i guess. and it's written the him passport already. Three weeks ago. But two or three days ago the old IMEI number and now's imei number is different, its starts with two zeros.

When i inqured my new imei number on net the website it is for imei's, it says "This IMEI number is copied to other devices have been identified"

What should i do? because i am not in my country, i am abroad and i am going to stay here almost 10 months.

How can i fix it or use my simcard in that phone?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi anlka67

Press alt + aA^  + H will show the full detail of your device including PIN and IMEI number.Have you ever been able to do call or text message from that device ? Also who told you that your IMEI has been copied.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anlka67

Hi again,

I see my imei number writing *#06# also in settings but it is different number which under the battery.

And a website about in my country (TURKEY) "Central Equipment Identity Register" and its a legal and trusted thing for these things. ( http://www.mcks.gov.tr/en/ )

And i tried to call and text someone but couldnt do it. its written the top of the screen "Phone Not Allowed, MM6 Code".

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi anlka67

I am sorry but MM6 means phone has been reported lost or stolen and the IMEI has been network Blocked or Blacklisted.You can do nothing now.I think you had been misleaded if possible return it and get your money back from the one who sold it to you ,because that phone is of no use.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Interpavel
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange France

Hello everyone, 

I have the same problem. 

I bought my phone on a website from second hands. It worked for a couple of months and then suddently stopped working. I also have the message "Phone not allowed MM6".

When I call Orange customer service (my operator) they tell me that the "theoretical" IMEI of my phone is not blocked/blacklisted or reported as stolen. However when I press *#06# the IMEI number that appears starts with 00**** and is different from the IMEI reported under the battery of the phone and the receipt I have.In other words the IMEI that appears on the screen of my phone is different from the one reported on the sticker on the very same phone. 

The password is however identical.  

Is it possible that the phone I bought was stolen and the IMEI number was changed? 

Is there a way to restore my default IMEI number since it is considered as not stolen?

Thank you very much for you help! 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Interpavel wrote : 

I bought my phone on a website from second hands. It worked for a couple of months and then suddently stopped working. I also have the message "Phone not allowed MM6".

However when I press *#06# the IMEI number that appears starts with 00**** and is different from the IMEI reported under the battery of the phone and the receipt I have.In other words the IMEI that appears on the screen of my phone is different from the one reported on the sticker on the very same phone. 

The password is however identical.  

Is it possible that the phone I bought was stolen and the IMEI number was changed? 

Hi Interpavel

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Device PIN and IMEI are hard coded within our device .As you had brought that device from a website I can say how much  genuine is that sticker. The IMEI number you are getting on your Screen is the original IMEI number associated with that device rather then that sticker .But believe me if its showing MM6 then that device IMEI and PIN number are blacklisted by previous network .

Interpavel wrote : 

When I call Orange customer service (my operator) they tell me that the "theoretical" IMEI of my phone is not blocked/blacklisted or reported as stolen.

If Orange is saying that then ask them why you are getting that message "  MM6 "  I am sure they are aware of what it means .and if they are unable to answer that to then ask them to escalate it to RIM and they can do that if they are sure that the device IMEI is not Blocked or Blacklisted.

Inerpavel wrote :

Is there a way to restore my default IMEI number since it is considered as not stolen?

No , even if your device is not blocked or blacklisted you cannot change the  IMEI number that you are getting on your device screen when pressing  *#6#  or  pressing alt + aA^ + H .

So you had to take the decission what you do now.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Interpavel
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange France

Thank you for this information, prince2012!

I will try to work this out with Orange. Indeed the BB is still under warranty. They refused to exchange it since I was not the original buyer and since the original buyer terminated his telephone service contract with Orange in the meantime.

I think I will have to go to court to get things done. 

Thank you anyway.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Interpavel wrote:

I think I will have to go to court to get things done. 

any news ?

before going to court, if by any chance you paid using the PayPal payment method, you can open a seller incident on their website.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.