Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ali2417
My Device: bold 9900

Touch screen DISABLE.

Like a few post iv read. On allready. Is there yet a way to Tiurn off the TS. As it is a major PITA. From cutting calls off to muteing. Calls to u name name it. Have they brought out updates with this included yet. It needs to be sorted. Its PANTS for loads more reasons that have been metiond on prev posts.

TIA.

Ali
New Contributor
abood_2050
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: Touch screen DISABLE.

I haven't seen this myself, but even with my bold 9780 (no touch screen) when the phone is on your face/ear the screen just dims and stops working till it is removed.. (I think there's some kind of a light sensor or so)

you may want to try keeping the phone close enough to your face and not remove it often (e.g: switching sides)

if I'm wrong someone correct me, please.
Regards.
New Contributor
ali2417

Hi. When on fone chatn if it touches ear shirt etc it does all sorts. When u take out of holster again it does alsorts sends txts BB fone calls u name it. Lol. Iv only had fone 3 wks I'm fed up with it allready.

Ty.

Ali
New Contributor
abood_2050
My Device: Bold 9780

lol, as for the holster there are many options you can disable or enable them, I never found them interesting and I never had a holster either.

but if the screen doesn't stop working when you're talking on the phone, then there might be something wrong with the firmware and you may want to re-install the OS or re-set it.

if you don't know how to exactly do that then take it to a professional because errors can kill your phone !!
New Contributor
ali2417

TY.
New Contributor
FrancescoArtusa
My Device: Bold 9900

I don't remember exactly because I don't have my 9900 at the moment. You must buy an app for 0,99. Face lock or something like that in app world. It works.

New Contributor
ali2417

Ty. Franchesco. Face lock work works n its FREE. Many thanks.
New Contributor
FrancescoArtusa
My Device: Bold 9900

It's a trial version.  Soon it won't work anymore :smileyhappy: maybe call lock is the one at 0,99. You are welcome