Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Trackpad wont work properly

vigorito wrote:

same message with swisscom os, ok can you choose one os for me from the link that i just posted in previous post that you think its compatibile with my blackberry 9900 tmobile 

No...I've no advice to give you on what specific OS package is better or worse than another. As I've said, you must run the tests for yourself, using each the OS packages available from the different carriers to figure out if any can provide you a stable "bare bones" configuration, from which you can proceed to adding your add-on and 3rd party apps. I have no way to guide you as to which to try...your circumstances are you own, and you need to find your answer. I'm giving you processes you can follow to get to an answer, but you need to do the actual work.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vigorito
My Device: tmobile 9900
My Carrier: simple mobile

[ Edited ]

all my folders are not hidden il check that just now 

every time i tried to load a different os other then tmobile,tmobile was deleted and other one was installed

now situation is i have installed swiscom os,i deleted only one vendor file from the loader app folder and im getting same message like i posted before,also i tried to do manuely search th rest of vendor files and no there is no vedor files on hard drive.

my personaly opinion this is not gonna work out

behavior of trackpad is like this with a tmobile os yesterday i was be able to use it after reloding the tmobile os almost every time right away but in adition to abuse trackpad like 20-25 seconds and then trackpad start to be responsive and more and more i use it works normal,after i put  it in to sleep i need aditional 10-15 sec of moving in all direction to make a trackpad awake and then it work again normaly,today after 6-7 times reloding the os with the same tmobile os i cant use it at all from the first second so my question is since i can reload any other os what do you thing if i can go to local wireless third party store and ask if they can take a look and replace the whole membrane and track pad. i have found on ebay oem trackpad membrane parts for around 20dol 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

vigorito wrote:

every time i tried to load a different os other then tmobile,tmobile was deleted and other one was installed

That's the first time I've ever heard of that...unless you are talking about on the BB? I'm talking about on the PC...it is completely possible to install more than one BB OS to the PC and have them both installed to the PC at the same time. Then again, maybe different in Win8.

vigorito wrote:

now situation is i have installed swiscom os,i deleted only one vendor file from the loader app folder and im getting same message like i posted before,also i tried to do manuely search th rest of vendor files and no there is no vedor files on hard drive.

my personaly opinion this is not gonna work out

I agree...you are running Win8, and it is different, and as I said there's no guarantee that any of these tools will even work at all with Win8.

But, did you yet try what I said at the end of post 39? That of NOT using Loader and instead allowing the Desktop Software to attempt to use the BB OS package you installed to your PC? Then again, if Loader can't find it, it's not likely that the Desktop Software can either.

I highly suspect it's a second VENDOR.XML file, and you just can't, under Win8, find it to delete it. Unless that's deleted, no non-TM OS packages will be usable by you for any purposes.

vigorito wrote:

behavior of trackpad is like this with a tmobile os yesterday i was be able to use it after reloding the tmobile os almost every time right away but in adition to abuse trackpad like 20-25 seconds and then trackpad start to be responsive and more and more i use it works normal,after i put  it in to sleep i need aditional 10-15 sec of moving in all direction to make a trackpad awake and then it work again normaly,today after 6-7 times reloding the os with the same tmobile os i cant use it at all from the first second so my question is since i can reload any other os what do you thing if i can go to local wireless third party store and ask if they can taka a look and replace the whole membrane and track pad i have found on ebay oem trackpad membrane parts for around 20dol 

The root cause of your trackpad issue could be physical, for which no amount of OS or software can help. Consider this...what about heat? Regardless of loading an OS or not, what about if the BB is left off (e.g., battery OUT) for a time...does the same behavior present (run fine for a bit, then start to have the problem)? If so, then that's likely a physical issue.

I can't tell you what any repair shop will or will not be willing to do. You must inquire to them yourself.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vigorito

no im talking about installing and uninstalling the os from a computer for use in loader exe

no i just install att os to the computer and att os is the only one installed  right now,and instead of opening the loader i open desktop manager and hit update and manger offer me same tmobile update files 7.10 current and 7.0 downgrade 

hm im running in loader right now withour error messages att os will see whats going on

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vigorito

this is ridiciouls really i have only one OS installed on my computer and that os is ATT,i opened loader and installing was start and phone is booting again with tmobile os great

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

vigorito wrote:

no im talking about installing and uninstalling the os from a computer for use in loader exe

OK...well that at least relieves the concern about multiple BB OS packages installed to the PC.

vigorito wrote:

no i just install att os to the computer and att os is the only one installed  right now,and instead of opening the loader i open desktop manager and hit update and manger offer me same tmobile update files 7.10 current and 7.0 downgrade  

Which means that the Desktop Software ignored the BB OS package, likely due to the VENDOR.XML issue. If the Desktop Software recognizes the installed BB OS package, it doesn't even get to the point of letting you select "Update"...rather, it pops up an offer to install to your BB the OS package that it recognizes. Hence, the same problem is happening...neither Loader nor the Desktop Software can use any OS package you install to your PC, and instead defaults (at least the Desktop Software) to what it can match up from the Internet.

Given what you describe, until you are able to find and delete that second VENDOR.XML file, you will be unable to force your BB to accept any OS other than that which TM natively supports for your BB model. That is, of course, still conditioned upon any of this even being possible under Win8...

vigorito wrote:

hm im running in loader right now withour error messages att os will see whats going on 

It may also be simply ignoring the installed BB OS package and instead searching the Internet for an applicable OS package (e.g., for your model number AND from your carrier).

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

vigorito wrote:

this is ridiciouls really i have only one OS installed on my computer and that os is ATT,i opened loader and installing was start and phone is booting again with tmobile os great

It is not ridiculous at all...you are attempting something that may simply be beyond the capabilities of the tools available...specifically, doing these things under Win8 may simply not be possible. This result may well also validate my theory of both Loader and the Desktop Software ignoring all installed OS packages due to the existence of that 2nd VENDOR.XML file, and instead are searching the Internet for a "valid" OS to use. Alternatively, the results may well validate that this is simply not possible under Win8.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vigorito

That means that desktop manager have allready saved 7.1 and 7.0 os somewhere what if I can delete both tmobile os from desktop manager folders and disable the internet connection
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

No, it does not mean that at all. The way the Desktop Software is designed to work by default is in "automatic" mode, where the end user does nothing about the OS packages on their PC at all. The Desktop Software seeks out (via the PC internet connection) the OS packages that are applicable to the attached BB...by virtue of the BB model number along with the originally manufactured-for carrier of the attached BB (which the Desktop Software can sense by virtue of the firmware encoded VendorID inside the BB).

Using the OS packages is a method to override that automatic method and force the Desktop Software to push onto the BB a specific OS package, with the trick of deleting the VENDOR.XML files being required for OS packages from carriers other than the one for which the BB was originally manufactured. A further trick is bypassing the Desktop Software entirely and going direct to LOADER.EXE, but that still requires installation to the PC of the OS package along with deletion of the VENDOR.XML file(s) where applicable.

If you were to delete all OS packages from your PC and sequester the PC from the Internet, then both Loader and the Desktop Software would fail...in that condition, if you look at "Applications" within the Desktop Software, you see only the 3rd party apps, and not the Core OS nor any of the core apps. And the no updates to the BB could be performed at all, since there is no source of update available.

In all cases and methods of using the OS Packages, deletion of the VENDOR.XML files is still required if the OS package comes from a carrier other than that for which the BB was originally manufactured.

Now, your idea might have some merit if some strange condition applies. So, perhaps if you:

1) Install to your PC only the OS package you desire
2) Delete all instances of VENDOR.XML
2) Sequester the PC from the Internet
3) Attempt to use Loader to install to the BB

Maybe, just maybe, it might work. Then again, it may well respond the same way as before since there remains some hidden VENDOR.XML file (or this process simply cannot be done on Win8).

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vigorito

[ Edited ]

ok i have found second vendor file after several rebooting the rim folder show up like you sayed before i delete the file and now im reloading system again hope will be att 

edit: after second vendor file deleted tmobile os wont give up haha still tmobi is booting  

is there any third vendor file somewhere haha

Please use plain text.