Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Trackpad wont work properly

[ Edited ]

vigorito wrote:

ok i have found second vendor file after several rebooting the rim folder show up like you sayed before i delete the file and now im reloading system again hope will be att 

Oh geez...so my intuition was correct all along! I just knew there had to be that second VENDOR.XML file, and true enough it was there. Hopefully, this will allow whatever BBOS you are attempting to install to your BB.

Of course, you do realize that this all could be for nothing...again, if the problem is physical hardware, there is no OS nor software that can help. The point of all of this process is deductive...to rule other things out so as to better indicate if it's truly hardware or not.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Hall of Famer II

Hang on a moment...

vigorito wrote:

edit: after second vendor file deleted tmobile os wont give up haha still tmobi is booting  

If, by that, you are talking about the initial boot-up "splash screen", that will forever be TM as it is completely separate from the installed OS. That splash screen is tied to the hard-coded VendorID of the BB...neither of which can ever be changed (except at the factory).

The way to know what OS you installed to the BB is by comparing what you thought you were installing (by virtue of the "A" component of the BB OS filename) against what OS the BB is actually then running:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

If they match AND the OS previously running on the BB was something different, then the OS load succeeded, no matter what that splash screen displays.

Oh dear gods...if all of this time you've been thinking that the splash screen meant anything at all, I never quite understood that from you. I do apologize as this could possibly have been wasting tons of your time...unless of course that 2nd VENDOR.XML file was still there, in which case finding and deleting it remained required.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: tmobile 9900
My Carrier: simple mobile

[ Edited ]

yes i thought that i should see att splash screen or vodaphone or swiscom haha cool we are making progress to see if its hardware or software nature :smileyhappy: 

this att os is installed on my computer 

9900M_PBr7.1.0_rel1997_PL5.1.0.507_A7.1.0.694_AT_T

and this is from the phone info:

7.1 bundle 1997 (v 7.1.0.694)

so they match trackpad on att os its not working from the start cool good thing is that we know that loader.exe work fully under windows 8

now after i loaded att os to bb,the installed file from computer under program and fetures is gonne? is that normal?

so every time we install os to computer and we do a reload that file is not longer installed in the computer???

Contributor

[ Edited ]

and one more thing,after uninstalling the att os from computer and right after installing rogers os on computer the second vendor file that i previosly deleted and having trouble to find it is not there so i guess from now on i need to delete only first one from loader app folder

few hours before i called one local repair store and told them all issues i have,the guy told me before i come to the store that i should first try change the battery to see if the bb working normaly with other battery i mean all batterys are the same for 9900 right,and one note in this phone is battery from blackbeery bold 9900 from the sprint network i think this doesent matter probably

Hall of Famer II

vigorito wrote:

yes i thought that i should see att splash screen or vodaphone or swiscom haha cool we are making progress to see if its hardware or software nature :smileyhappy: 

Yes, we are making that progress indeed.

vigorito wrote:

cool good thing is that we know that loader.exe work fully under windows 8

Yes, we have now learned that as well.

vigorito wrote:

now after i loaded att os to bb,the installed file from computer under program and fetures is gonne? is that normal?

so every time we install os to computer and we do a reload that file is not longer installed in the computer???

I don't understand...gone from where? The BB? The PC? I'm thinking you mean the PC, and of so then what you describe is not normal for Win7 and below...I've no idea if it might be normal for Win8 though.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II

vigorito wrote:

and one more thing,after uninstalling the att os from computer and right after installing rogers os on computer the second vendor file that i previosly deleted and having trouble to find it is not there so i guess from now on i need to delete only first one from loader app folder

No...it will depend. I have seen that, right after installing the BB OS file, there is only the one VENDOR.XML file. But, after using the LOADER app once, the second one appears. So it actually might be that you need to:

1. Install the BB OS package to the PC
  2. Remove the first VENDOR.XML file
  3. Launch LOADER (you will likely receive the error message about there being no valid OS file installed for the BB)
  4. Shut down LOADER
  5. Remove the second VENDOR.XML file
  6. Launch LOADER and load the OS to the BB

It also varies by OS package...some have the two VENDOR.XML's, others have only the one.

So, each time, you need to validate to be sure. 

vigorito wrote:

few hours before i called one local repair store and told them all issues i have,the guy told me before i come to the store that i should first try change the battery to see if the bb working normaly with other battery i mean all batterys are the same for 9900 right,and one note in this phone is battery from blackbeery bold 9900 from the sprint network i think this doesent matter probably

With technology designed and built by humans, anything is possible. I would be very surprised if the battery were to be the root cause, but anything is possible.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

i have tried 6-7 different os and none of them works,it works occasionaly only with tmobile os,so my next step is repair store

Hall of Famer II

Yup...that sounds correct. Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates