Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Jason040270
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: 447808888917
Accepted Solution

Trackpad

Hi 

I have a new 9900, up unitl yesterday other than the phone being quite laggy, the track pad has stopped scrolling you can press it to operate applictaions but it wont scroll around screen, 

Any Ideas?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Trackpad

Hello Jason040270

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Whenever you see or feel any Unusual on your device always the first step is to perform a Battery pull restart like this While your device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back ,  your device may take a long reboot. After reboot see if problem resolves. Rebooting in this manner fixes most issue within our BlackBerry Device.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi Jason040270,

Welcome to BB Community...

Try these steps, might help u...

Take out the battery when ur BB is switched ON...now press the track pad and keep it pressed for 5 seconds...repeat it 1-2 times and then reinsert the battery after 1-2 mins and let ur BB restart...

now see, if ur issue has been solved or not...

NB-even if the issue solves, this is a temporary solution...better, get the trackpad replaced from an authorised BB Service Center...do take a backup b4 taking ur BB to a service center...

Good Luck...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

simply_abhik wrote:

Hi Jason040270,

NB-even if the issue solves, this is a temporary solution...better, get the trackpad replaced from an authorised BB Service Center...do take a backup b4 taking ur BB to a service center...

Hello simply_abhik

As the User Mentioned that its a new device so I don't think it time to replace the Trackpad , there may be many reason for this issue like any Unknown application or just a minor glitch within device.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik

Hi prince2012,

I know that, but u cant be sure that a new handset cant have a faulty trackpad...

yes, i hope that it's just a glitch within device which should be solved by a battery pull restart(as u mentioned in ur earlier post)...

with regards
simply abhik...
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

simply_abhik wrote:

Hi prince2012,

I know that, but u cant be sure that a new handset cant have a faulty trackpad...

yes, i hope that it's just a glitch within device which should be solved by a battery pull restart(as u mentioned in ur earlier post)...

Hello simply_abhik

This is an Support Forum sponsored by RIM where user like us share there issues and also try to get  a simple solution to there problem , If they had to visit a Service center or a Repair shop they won't post there problem on this support forum, So as a User we should also try to help the other user as much as we can .If trackpad are not working there are many option we can advice try before considering it as an Hardware issue. 

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik

Hi prince2012,

My apologies, but i was just trying to help and guess what, it worked... :Sorcerer:

Newayz, i will keep that in mind what u told...

Thanks...cheers...

with regards
simply abhik...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jason040270
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: 447808888917

I had tried the battery pull but didnt leave it long enough, thankyou every one for your help! :Happybday:

Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik

Hi Jason040270,

Happy that finally ur issue has been solved...congrats...:Clap:

Enjoy ur BB...:Walkman:

with regards
simply abhik...
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

simply_abhik wrote:

Hi prince2012,

My apologies, but i was just trying to help and guess what, it worked... :Sorcerer:

Newayz, i will keep that in mind what u told...

Thanks...cheers...

Hi simply_abhik

No need to apologizes we are just users , and also marking a post as solved doesn't mean the issue has been fixed and the above user will never face the same problem again, As we all know freezing of our trackpad depends on many conditions and of course hardware fault comes within that but still .. I don't think I should stretch this thread as the user above has marked this thread as solved .

Thanks

Regards

prince2012

Please use plain text.