Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Thierry
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Transfer contacts from Bold to carkit does not work

Hi,

I've been using almost every type of BlackBerry for the last few years. Up till now I never had any problems with bluetooth so I am surprised that I encounter a bluetooth issue with my Bold. In my car I use a JVC NX 5000 audio/navigation/ipod/bluetooth all in one thingy. All audio features work fine. The problem is transferring my addresses to the carkit. This function works fine with all previous BlackBerry handhelds but not with the Bold. The error message on the Bold refers to the JVC manual, quite strange as all previous handhelds worked fine.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Thierry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
torontobb

Re: Transfer contacts from Bold to carkit does not work

I too had that situation occur but it will work if you keep trying.    I had to make several attempts that failed and the BOLD requested I look at the Bluetooth manual for the car as well before I sucked it up and did it once more.

Try sending out the contact list once more while also requesting from your unit to receive a downloaded contact list from your BOLD.

Good luck it will work out for you as it did me. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thierry

Re: Transfer contacts from Bold to carkit does not work

I guess I solved the issue. I remembered some carkits have a limit of 500 numbers (BMW?). Turns out that the JVC (with harddisk) has the same issue. So after removing some obsolete contacts it all worked fine.

Please use plain text.