Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
simsan
My Device: Not Specified

Transferring my old contacts into the Bold 9000 via a word doc

Hi ,

Love the forum.

I have all my phone book on my Motorola Razr. I want to transfer these to the Newly aqcuired B. Bold 9000. Somehow, the old sim card does not let the transfer happen at the AT&T store.

Now, I have a Word.doc and and Excel sheet on my PC that has my contacts too. Is there any way I can transfer these word or excel contacts to the new Bold so I do not have to hand-type all my contacts into the new Bold?

If not, then, Can I try these with Gmail.contacts or Yahoo.mail?

Which menus I should be using via the BB9000 desktop? Please advice.

I truly appreciate any sugesstions.

thank you

simsan

Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Transferring my old contacts into the Bold 9000 via a word doc

When you put the sim card into the blackberry, go to contacts > press the menu button > go to sim phone book > wait until ur contacts load > then press menu button > then select copy all to contacts.

See how u go with that.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Transferring my old contacts into the Bold 9000 via a word doc

You can use the Motorola Phone tools to do it.

when you bought your Motorola Phone, in the box there are a cd with Motorola Phone tools, you can use this program to export the contacts to Outlook, and after this you can synch the blackberry device with Outlook. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.