Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9900, Classic
My Carrier: Beeline Russia
Accepted Solution

Trouble with Blackberry Bold 9900

Hello.

This is my first message on this forum.

I have used Blackberry 9800 around 1 year. I have got sim card with Blackberry Internet Servise.

But two weaks ago my smartphone dead.

I bought new Blackberry 9900.

I installed my sim card from Blackberry 9800 to Blackberry 9900.

But BIS don't work. Service books  came on smartphone, but Host Routing Table is empty.

I retry extraction batery many times. Pushed Register Now.

Reinstalled firmware software by the most actually from telecoms operator. Data services swith on.

Symbol edge don't change to ENDE.

I don't know what I want to do.

Telecoms operator couldn't help me.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Trouble with Blackberry Bold 9900

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you've already tried these, but just in case...

With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books (pre-BB10 devices only)

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Reboot

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. IF this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then must work with your mobile service provider for formal support...only they can determine why your BB and their network are unable to communicate with each other. Only they can formally escalate your case up to BlackBerry if such is required.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thank you. I have done all this things, but can retry.

Contributor

I bought sim card from other provider.

Situation the same.

I haven't got ideas.

Sim card on other blakberry (not mine) works perfect and registers wery fast.

In my cabinet on provider.blackberry.com I can see my old (don't work) smartphone 9800.

I pushed buttom recognize new phone, but I see only this text:

Failed recognize new phone. Insert sim card.

Card work normal: I can calling, send text messeges and use GPRS (of course I off GPRS)

Maybe problem with smartphone (vendor id: -1)?

Hall of Famer II

chaterx wrote:

Maybe problem with smartphone (vendor id: -1)?

Oh! Was that other thread yours? Please keep all of your details in one thread...it is quite impossible, amidst everything here, to correlate something from you in a different thread to this one...quite impossible indeed.

From what you just said, I can't really understand what you are doing. "Cabinet"? "Recognize new?" I have no idea where you are doing these things. On the device? In the Desktop Software? In BB Protect? I'm quite lost as to what you are actually attempting here...

I've never seen a Vendor ID of -1, and can find no references to it anywhere. I'd have to surmise that there is indeed something wrong about this specific BB...but what that is would require in hand evaluation by a qualified technician.

The various things I can theorize about are:

1. Your BB is not unlocked from this -1 vendor (whoever that is), and can therefore not be used on any other carrier...refer:
  2. Your BB is unlocked, but it's PIN remains assigned to some other carrier, preventing your carrier from creating a BIS account and providing BIS-level services
  3. This BB is not valid

The fact that (I think, from what you said, but I'm not quite sure) voice services work fine likely means that items 1 and 3 are not causal, but item 2 could be. There could be other causes as well, but these are my best guesses. I, of course, have no ability to research those in any way...only the carriers and BlackBerry have access to systems necessary to do such research.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I'm so sorry.

Thank you.

About cabinet:

I have got this service on Russian language, but now I change language:

this operation on internet site: https://beeline.blackberry.com/      Beeline is provider wireles.

I pushed "Change Device"

And had got this message:

"Unable to detect new device. It may take a few minutes for a new device to be detected. Make sure your SIM card is in your new device and try again. If you do not have a SIM card, make sure your device is activated and try again."

About vendor id:

Smartphone looks like new.

I bought this in shop in box and all accessories.

Smartphone works with all sim cards. In SIM menu (when I wrote MEPD) all unlocked.

But I couldn't find date of manufacture.

Could you tell me if you know who can check my pin, please?

Hall of Famer II

chaterx wrote:

I'm so sorry.

Thank you.

About cabinet:

I have got this service on Russian language, but now I change language:

this operation on internet site: https://beeline.blackberry.com/      Beeline is provider wireles.

I pushed "Change Device"

And had got this message:

"Unable to detect new device. It may take a few minutes for a new device to be detected. Make sure your SIM card is in your new device and try again. If you do not have a SIM card, make sure your device is activated and try again."

OK...that sounds (I'm still not sure) like some kind of carrier system...perhaps web based...that you are working with via your PC. As such, only they can answer for what it does and what it says.

chaterx wrote:

About vendor id:

Smartphone looks like new.

I bought this in shop in box and all accessories.

Smartphone works with all sim cards. In SIM menu (when I wrote MEPD) all unlocked.

But I couldn't find date of manufacture.

It would not be the first time that a very good looking counterfeit existed in the world...but I have no way to tell you for sure at all.

chaterx wrote:

Could you tell me if you know who can check my pin, please? 

As I said above:

• "only the carriers and BlackBerry have access to systems necessary to do such research."

You only have access to the carriers for such research, and only they can escalate cases up to BlackBerry if such is required. End users have no free method by which to ask BlackBerry for anything.

You also might try asking the shop for help...after all, they sold you this device that is proving quite difficult indeed to get working. Do they not support the products that they sell? Do they not provide any support to the customers from which they accept money?

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thank you.

As far as I know ViciousFerret can do this.

I rought some post about it (for exampleHost Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.)

Seller is internet shop. And they don't reply on my message. If situation don't be solved I will return this device.

Hall of Famer II

There are many formal BB folks on this site who can do various things...but such should never be expected as that is an exception case. The function of the site, as a user-to-user community, is clearly documented in the Ts and Cs as well as a banner at the top of every page of the site. When a BB person does help out in a thread, it is to be considered an exception, not the rule.

You are of course free to send VF a private message and see if you can be granted such favors.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thank you.

I understood this situation.

But I don't understand what I want to do.

Blackberry 9900 is really good device, but I think thet I will buy this one locked to vendor (this is around 900$).

Thank you.

You help me with understanding situation. And sorry for my English.