Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Trouble with password lock on blackberry

Ive been having an issue with my blackberry bold where it wont accept my password. this password have been used for months now.

I am 100% sure i am entering in the correct password.

I only have one more attepmt before it wipes all my data.

Can someone help?

I have also doubled checked my alt, caps, and etc. it is all turned  off.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Trouble with password lock on blackberry

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With only one try left, you indeed only get one more chance. Since you are positive you are entering it correctly on the BB keyboard, please also ensure that you have been watching the characters as they display quickly before changing to an * so as to be certain they indeed are the proper characters. If you have ever connected to your PC and know how to enter the password there, then you should do that -- it will reset the counter for all entry methods.

But, sadly, with just the one chance left, the most likely outcome is that the BB will wipe clean, and you'll need to restore from the backups that I'm sure you regularly take.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.