Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

SarahR96
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: EE

Re: Trouble with the Bold 9900's Trackpad

Hi having a problem with my scroller where it will simply not move up down left or right, I've looked all over the web on ways to fix it, half of the said actuallly taking the phone apart, and I'm not too good with things like that, I took the phone to my provider and theu said I would need to wait 28 days without the phone, I thought that was way too long as from video's I've seen its only a 5 minute job, and I do use the bold 9900 quite a lot. Any suggestions please? (:
Please use plain text.
haris69x
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: 02

my blackberry trackpad doesnt scroll with my thumb or finger unless i put a cloth on my finger. it scrolls when i wear some cloth on my finger. i know it sounds weird but its real ?

Please use plain text.
ascendus
My Device: 9700, 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Has anyone found a solution to this issue.  My problem sounds similar.  As soon as I got the phone it showed trackball and did not scroll or move in any direction but the click function worked.  After many reboots, software reinstall, security wipe, it did register as a trackpad, but it is intermittent and goes back into trackball once in a while.

This phone was off ebay as I cannot find any legitimet suppliers that sell this new.  It always goes into trackball if the SIM card is out, and only ocassionally when it is in; however, it is always intermittent.  Once in a while it works correct for a few minutes, and you get excited but then it stops.  Yes, this is an old discussion, but I see no solutions posted.

Please use plain text.
Dustpan
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Bell

Found a quick easy fix for everyone (worked for me thus far anyways, still need to experiment).

I cut a small square of screen protector out and covered the trackpad.

Voila, works in sun, still swipes when you put your fingers on it.

Not sure if someone actually makes a proper size\fit screen protector for the trackpad, as it is not totally flat, this is a temporary fix for the time being.

My other idea was: VHT nightshade spray tint. tape up the entire phone except the black of the trackpad, and put a couple of VERY LIGHT COATS. If it makes the trackpad unusable, you can just alcohol pad off the two coats easy.

I might try this second idea later. We'll see.

Hope it helps!

Please use plain text.