Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

AnastasiaLobanova
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Turn off touch screen when calling

Dissappointed to find I can't disable the touch screen. I've had a Bold 9900 for just over a week now and it's starting to drive me crazy. On a call it went to loud speaker or hold phone function for whatever reason or call to somebody else at the same time or various other irritations. The worst thing is that I work in technical support and many people call me every day on Blackberry. So during the last week I deal with lots of unsatisfied and confused customers.

Is there any possibility to turn off the touch screen in a call mode? Are there any other possibilities how to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Anastasia

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Turn off touch screen when calling

The screen should go black when you hold it to your ear. Is that not happening?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
AnastasiaLobanova

No, this is not happening now. Then I get a call, I see in the lower part of the screen at least 3 touch-screen buttons:

loud speaker, hold a call and smth.else. I guess, I could touch them unintendedly. Is there any possibility to remove these buttons from the screen? 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Its possible there is something wrong with the light sensor. While your in a call put your finger over the area with the LED. See if the screen goes black.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
AnastasiaLobanova

ok, Thanks for the tipp, I will try to do it tomorrow

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Peggy99
My Carrier: MTS

Hey Blackberry, how about an option to disable the touch screen PERMANENTLY?

Don't use it, and it wastes power on an already underpowered device.

Please use plain text.