Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
tdee1964
My Device: Not Specified

UNABLE TO RECEIVE OR SEND EMAILS

Hi Have a Blackberry Bold on Optus 3g Network in Australia but am unable to send or receive emails. I was receiving emails for the first 3 weeks but they just stopped a week ago.

Have activated the Sevice and confirmed it is active - am able to browse using the Blackberry Internet Browser Servers.

Have had a SIM replacement and deleted a reset up the email address.

I recieved a confirmation message the email was set up correctly from BB so there service must be active.

Have checked and double checked the email details and password are correct.

Is it possible to turn off emails somehow ...if thats the case how do I turn them back on? 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: UNABLE TO RECEIVE OR SEND EMAILS

When you try to send messages, do they bounce back with a red x? If so open up the message, scroll up to the top, and see what the message status is.

Also check under Messages | Options | Email Reconciliation. Does it show the Wireless Reconcile as being set to On?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tdee1964
My Device: Not Specified

This PIN was blocked on the old network and we have to go to RIM to get it released. As soon as they unblocked the PIN it worked. The former carrier has done everything they could but RIM released the PIN.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here is a troubleshooting procedure for your email situation.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02169&sliceId=1&docTy...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.