Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

parthkaneria
My Device: Bold 2 9700

URGENT HELP - Facebook doesn't connect with bbm (running v6.0.0.723, platform6.6.0.248) Hybrid os.

My Os was upgraded to some v6 hybrid os and its running v6.0.0.723, it is a bold2 9700. the problem i am facing is that facebook will just not connect to blackberry messenger i.e. when u upload a status on facebook, ur bbm status shows u uploaded a status on fb and displays it there. 

When i go to options in facebook, the Check mark is not highlighted and there is a note saying i should install bbm 6.1 or higher, i have installed bbm 7 and running it but it still says that! and if i click on install bbm from the note, it takes me to the web browser, opens the bbm download page and installs bbm all over again. after opening facebook hoping i would be able to check mark the option for connecting to bbm, it still says the same "install bbm6.1 or higher".

all the other apps connect to bbm, apart from facebook. 

kindly advice on what to do as it has become really annoying that my status on bbm doesnt get updated with facebook.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: URGENT HELP - Facebook doesn't connect with bbm (running v6.0.0.723, platform6.6.0.248) Hybrid os.

Hi parthkaneria and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Which version of Facebook for BlackBerry do you currently have installed on your BlackBerry smartphone?

Thanks!

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnv474
My Device: 9650

Re: URGENT HELP - Facebook doesn't connect with bbm (running v6.0.0.723, platform6.6.0.248) Hybrid os.

Also, there is no such thing as something being "urgent" when it comes to an error with Facebook.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Siphi
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

I have the same problem too I'm using a BB 9320 OS v7.1 with bbm 7.0.1.23 and facebook v 4.1.20 and it doesn't connect to twitter too...
Please use plain text.