Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Optus
Accepted Solution

URGENT HELP NEEDED!! - Bold 9700

Greetings everyone,

I am a 9700 user in Western Australia, and I only just recently updated my OS to 6.

HOWEVER.

Since last night, I have been unable to restart my BB.

It started after it told me to download the Email Setup App, which it went through perfectly -- Until it had to reboot.

I clicked reboot, as you do, but now my BB is STUCK!!

It bascially gets stuck on the loading screen with the BB logo and loading bar -- it loads all the way full and then does absolutely nothing.

I've tried battery pulls, I've tried doing the connect to the laptop thingy but still nothing seems to work. I've also tried taking the microSD card out and stuff.

When trying the connecting to PC method, it kind of worked when it started to sync itself with my laptop. However I hit a dead end when it told me to put in my device password, and I couldn't do it on the BB itself, it was stuck on the sync-logo screen.

I've tried different periods of time for battery pulls, and last night after pulling the battery out for 1 HOUR -- I stuck it back in and left it OVERNIGHT while I slept only to find that when I wake up, it's still stuck on the loading screen!!

I'm at my wits end!

PLEASE HELP ME!! -- I can't seem to make anything work!

I hope someone out there has a solution (short of buying a new Blackberry as I can't exactly afford a new one at the moment -- AND I REALLY NEED MY BB FOR WORK!!)

Thanks for your time everyone! Hope to be hearing from you all soon!

New Contributor

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!! - Bold 9700

Oh and as for providing you with information like OS version and model and build like that.

I'm sorry I can't provide it all because I can't open up my BB!

Sorry!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: VZW

I'm having this same problem.  Every three or four times I try to connect my device to my laptop it does work.  I also have OS 6 I believe.  I'm not really sure on that one as I'm having the same problem as you an cannot turn on or access my device.  It also occurred right after I installed the update for the e-mail setup app.  It's been quite an annoying experience.  

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: VZW

I fixed it! YAY! So what you have to do is keep trying to connect the device to your computer and to the desktop manager software .  When you get it to connect finally, click the application installer in the top right, and reinstall everything onto your phone.  It should reboot twice while the screen says "please do not disconnect the device until the reboot is complete" or something like that.  Then it should turn on! YAYYYY!

New Contributor

Heya, I'll give it a shot! The only thing is I'm worried it'll ask me for my damned device password again Smiley Sad

Anyway, I'll try it again and hope it works.

Thanks for your post! I'll let you know how it goes!
New Contributor

I knew it, I have Content Protection enabled, tells me to put my device password in.

The only thing is, I can't seem to on my BB.

It's just stuck on the screen with the monitor and bb logo for the connection thing...
New Contributor

Problem solved, though I had to go about it a different way.

In the end I had to use my BB Software on my PC (I was using my Mac before).

I ended up downgrading the OS, then restoring everything.

Right now I've decided to give OS 6 another chance, so hopefully things will go well after this!

Thanks everyone!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Hi! I'm having the same problem with my BB device. I pulled out the battery after I downloaded an app for rebooting. At first it loads all the way until maybe 60%, and then it got stuck on that screen, I waited for an hour but still nothing happens. I tried to connect it to my PC and to the desktop manager but it asked for my device password. I entered my password but nothing happens. I entered it again and again until I ran out of attempts to input my password.
I hope you could help me with this..I'm losing hope already Smiley Sad

Thanks!