Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Perl 8120
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: USB Unreadable in Volvo

No the usb is still unreadable in the car but all the files are there and play fine when not connected to the car
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

ha we have moved one step forward.

can you explain that "USB" thing ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: O2

The phone is connected to the car via a USB connection. Usually the music playing is shown on the car's display but it this case it shows 'USB unreadable' which means its unable to read the music files stored on the SD card in the phone. However they work fine if I take out the card put it in my old phone and connect it so there must be something in the firmware or settings of the new BB 9790 that affects how the data stored on the SD card is output to the car

Guru I

if you connect your 9790 to your PC, with the SDCard n it, can you view the files using Windows Explorer?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Perl 8120
My Carrier: Orange UK

Yes I can still view and access the files when connected to the pc. I know the files are there they just will not send to the car from the 9790 but will from the BB pearl. Problem has to lie with the new phone
Guru I

if you can see the files from the PC and not from the Volvo, then I would say the problem is with the Volvo and not the phone.

check on the Volvo forums if you need to upgrade the BIOS of your Volvo multimedia part.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: O2

That makes no sense whatsoever. The only item which has changed is the telephone, not the SD card or the car. The car is already running the latest software from Volvo and worked fine with the SD card plugged into my older pearl phone. It is only when the SD card is in the new 9790 that I cant use it in the car and so you have to conclude that it is something to do with the configuration of the phone that is the problem.

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello,

Do the phone start charging when plugged in the car?
You can try something,plug it in the car, go to options, device, storage and press menu button. You should have the option USB mass storage mode. It should be on.
Regards.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!