Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000, v4.6.0.162

USB driver problem

When I plug in my blackberry bold the drivers load normally but when checking computer management device manager I see an error under the USB controlers/blackberry smartphone.  The error message says windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.  the driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39).  When checking for solutions the reply is driver loaded but encountered a problem when it tried to run.  Problem code 39.

I tried to update driver by first downloading the driver from the blackberry website.  It's the RimUsb_AMD64.sys and RimUsbNT.inf and RimUsb.sys and rimusbnt.cat files that unzipped into a desktop folder.  I chose the option where I pick the driver and point to these files but the response is that the drivers are already up to date.

I am running Vista 64 on my computer.  My BB is the bold 9000.  The installed driver is version 4.1.04.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,

Paul

Blackberry bold 9000
smartphone (3g, wi-fi)
V4.6.0.162 (platform 4.0.0.155
Cryptographic kernal v3.8.5.50a
Branding version 1.0.176.202
Micro Edition Configuration CLDC-1.1
Micro Edition JTWI Version 1.0
Micro Edition Media Version 1.1
Micro Edition PIM version 1.0
Micro Edition File Version 1.0
Micro Edition Bluetooth Version 1.1
Micro Edition Location Version 1.0.1
Micro Edition Serurity/Trust Services APDU Version 1.0
Wlan version 2.4.0.61
Nuance V Suite 2.1 Version 2088 (LVR: 47.2) Build 0241
My Device: Not Specified

Re: USB driver problem

Good morning,

Exactly same problem here ! but using a  Curve 8330.  Please Help !!!!

Regards,

Alfredo

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Similar problem here.

I can hear the connect sound on my laptop when I plug in my bold to the usb port. But the device manager does not show up in BB Desktop Manager.

When I try to instal the usb drivers (downloaded and unzipped today from the BB website) I get a message back saying the wizard can't find the necessary software even though I'm pointing to the exact directory with the drivers in.

I'm then left with an exclamation mark in Windows Device Mgr against "Other Devices/RIM Composite Device".

OS is Vista 32, all software including DTM fully up to date. Only thing I can think of is it is running via a usb1 port

New Contributor
My Device: 9700

hi, did you solved this problem?

New Contributor
My Device: 9700

hi, did you solved it? i have the same problem and i am loosing my mind

My Device: Blackberry torch

I have the exact same issue on my torch.  When I plug in, I select usb, then it says the device drive is faulty, but cannot find one for the phone

ANy suggestions?

My Device: 9000

If you were hoping to find help on a Blackberry site, you are sadly mistaken. Do yourself a big favor an trash your Blackberry for an iPhone! Not ONLY will you get great support, you will get a much better phone! Apple will ALWAYS connect you to a person, either by phone or by web chat. I have a Blackberry bold 9000 and I have had the same problem. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE from BB support has assisted me with this problem. Their idea of support is putting their legs up on a desk and sleeping! I can hardly wait for my iPhone to arrive so that I can toss my BB into the ocean!

My Device: Blackberry torch

Hi,

but I am not interested in the apple.

I fixed my USB.  I loaded the apps from the disk that came with the blackberry onto my computer and then used them to access my pictures. During this process of loading the applicaitons and accessing through it to my pictures, the problem was resolved.  I ahve tried accessing the USB on a number of pc's now and they all work

New Contributor
My Device: 8900

For me (Win XP) the solution was to copy usb.inf from another computer into the "C:\Windows\Inf" folder. No idea why it was missing, but that has fixed other usb device problems too in the past.