Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Tinyk
My Device: 9780

Uma - sim access profile -bluetooth hands free kar kit

This problem started with my first bold 9700, then onto 9800 and now finally my 9780. I have a Skoda superb with the two version car kit, handsfree or handset replacement by sim access profile. Now one works fine but simo access profile works the first time them that's it never to be seen again and if your lucky you can go back to just the basic hands free. Now I have identified the problem maybe someone can tell me a fix or blackberry could acknowledge the problem and fix with an update further down the lone. The two key components are if wifi and uma are both activated which they Are most likely to be if you have uma you need wifi to get it but they do not have to be connected at the time. The car kit switches on, you see the connection made with the phone and you see the phone disconnect it's radio lock on the network, then what should happen is your bb then shows a message saying 'sim access activated click ok to cancel and return' but it doesn't the phone then switches to UMA and tries to connect on that. I did at one stage have the car kit connected and showing orange and the uma connected on the phone but every other time I have ended up with both he Bluetooth on both devices needing restarting. After that in bluet Otho options several ,ticks have been removed, sim access profile and about 3 more. I can only think it's a simple fix where a command is needed that if sim acces profile is turned on switch off uma. The only way round it to be able to use with full car kit is either to turn uma off or just remember to untick wifi before leaving and on return,q neither of which is handy. If you don't want to do that you can leave the tick out of the box for sim access profile and the handset will work only as a normal hands free not as full car kit. Anyone got a better workaround or Rim could you please test and acknowledge the fault and include in a new fiix. Welcome to contact me if you have solution or RIM if you need more help to apply and test it. Thanks Kevin