Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
rain691
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Unable to Add Some New BBM Contacts

I recently got the Blackbery Bold 9900 and installed the most recent upgrade for BBM through Blackberry App World.  Subsequently since then, my BBM has not been working properly.  When I sent out an invitation request to invite someone to connect, using their PIN, I am unable to connect successfully with some of the people I have sent invitations to. It just shows invitation and their PIN# pending.  These people were connected to me previously but unable yo connect with some since I did the BBM software upgrade through Blackberry App World yesterday.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,880
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unable to Add Some New BBM Contacts

Normally on a device switch like this, the BBM contact list is updated and reconnected automatically without new invites being sent out. So:

1) Have those contacts actually accepted your new invite?

2) You might need to delete the invite and have that contact delete you as an existing contact and re-add them.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rain691
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Unable to Add Some New BBM Contacts

Have done that.  Invitation is still showing pending status, even though the person has accepted my invitation.  On my phone, invitation is still showing pending status.  Thank you for your sugggestion.  I really think it is a software upgrade issue with BBM, as I did not experience any problems with BBM until I installed the most recent BBM upgrade yesterday.

Please use plain text.