Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
tjamming
My Device: blackberry 9930

Unable to Connect to Mobile Network Blackberry Bold 9930

Device info

Your carrier: Verizon WIreless

Model info and OS version:

Blackberry 9930

smartphone (3G, CDMA, Wi-Fi)

7.0 Bundle 1739(v7.0.0.374, Platform 5.0.0.552)

3G bands 1,8

Did a battery pull fix your issue? No.

Apps installed and their version if possible: I have no Applications anymore because i completely wiped my handheld of any and all data

Any other details that would help us out with your issue: phone would load for minitues and minutes before letting me do anything before this issue started

Good description of what is really wrong and how to reproduce if possible. Details of what you did before:

My phone will not allow me to connect to the mobile network..,steps ive taken:

-removed battery

-removed sim card and re-inserted sim card

-ran a diagnostics test

-called verizon

-went to a verizon wireless store

-posted countless questions reguarding this issue

...please if at all possibe can you help me fix this issue i got the phone 2 months ago and never had any problems until recently. Before i lost connection to the mobile network it would load and load and wouldnt let me click or call anything and then BOOM! Out of no where my mobile network turned off..

New Contributor
ccdoubleo
My Device: bold 9930

Re: Unable to Connect to Mobile Network Blackberry Bold 9930

Have you found any solution? I'm having the exact same problem.

New Contributor
tjamming
My Device: blackberry 9930

nope...seems to be a on-going problem with blackberrys and yet no one...not even Verizon...has an answer or solution

New Contributor
ivory111
My Device: Bold 9930

My Blackberry does the same thing. It's basically dead. And it died over night for basically no reason while charging. Tried everything down to factory reset and complete OS reinstall, the entire Verizon and blackberry troubleshooting chain. Because my phone is 1 year and 3 weeks old they basically won't do anything or replace it, for something that cost 500$ new that's not acceptable. Customer support on both ends was useless and ended up hanging up on me. Had one guy from blackberry tech support who said they'd replace it because it's so close to the 1 year and still in the same month, but got disconnected from him and not been able to reach him again. I'm more than upset with Verizon and Blackberry for their total absence of customer support, especially on a problem that after googling is KNOWN since end of 2011 for these types of Blackberries when charging over night!!!!!!

Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello all of you!
It seems your devices have a problem with their radio transmission part. It should be repaired in an authorized service center. Go to your suppliers.

Regards,
Kostadin.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
New Contributor
ivory111
My Device: Bold 9930

[ Edited ]

It still does connect to a WiFi though and sometimes after rebooting for a split second tries to connect to the mobile network. But then when you try again ticking the box to get a connection, it simply does nothing, not even try to connect.

Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Did you try with another SIM?
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!