Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
diyhouse
My Device: BB Bold 9780

Unable to Sync to Preferred email Location

Like many folks I have several email addresses,.. and I have just realised that my BB 9780 is syncing to my yahoo email address,.. I do not want to use this address.

I use outlook 2010,. on my laptop via a POP3 provider,.. this sis the address I wish to use,.. how do I switch??

I have found the following menu setting

Options>Device>Advance systems>Settings>Default services

but this only offers the yahoo address,.. and as I said I do not want the yahoo address,.. I have even removed the yahoo account from my BB but the yahoo email sync location still remains my only option. The gmail and POP3 mail ccounts do not appear in the pulldown list.

How do I switch email accounts or failing that switch off wireless sync,.. I have tried this option,. but unless I am missing the obvious under calander etc =>  options menu,.. there are no wireless options.

Do I need to configure something somewhere else?

Many thanks for reading,.. and help offered

Regards

Mk

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Unable to Sync to Preferred email Location

Hey diyhouse,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Before making any changes I have a couple questions:

Are you currently synchronizing your contacts with Microsoft Outlook using the BlackBerry Desktop software?

Are all of your contacts in Microsoft Outlook?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
diyhouse

Are you currently synchronizing your contacts with Microsoft Outlook using the BlackBerry Desktop software?

YES:-

When I saw wireless,.. I assumed it was to my laptop,.. and not going of to Yahoo...

and YES, again to

Are all of your contacts in Microsoft Outlook?

I like to sync between to two,.. laptop outlook and BB,.. don't care about the others...

Would still like to blue sync laptop to BB,.. if possible.

many thanks

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hey,

One option is to re-sync all contacts back to the blackBerry smartphone from Microsoft Outlook:

1. First backup your BlackBerry® Smartphone as shown here: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12487.

2. Then go to Options> Device> Advanced System Settings> Service Books> delete all service books associated to the email accounts you no longer use.
3. Go into Options> Device> Advanced System Settings> Default Services> Set the contact list to Default.
4. Go to Contacts> Options> Highlight the contact list and type RSET, this will clear the contacts associated with that list.

5. Then re-sync the contact back to the BlackBerry smartphone from Microsoft Outlook

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
diyhouse

Hi,. sorry for pause in getting back,.. but have rebuilt PC as was hoping that would help to sort out BB,. unfortunatley not.

Going to the menu

3. Go into Options> Device> Advanced System Settings> Default Services> Set the contact list to Default.
4. Go to Contacts> Options> Highlight the contact list and type RSET, this will clear the contacts associated with that list.

these two menus are "pull down" menus only and do not allow for text entry...

the two entries currently listed under Contact list  are two email address I do NOT want to use,.. and I cannot see how to clear them..

Can you help further

Kind regards