Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Mastermase
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Unable to connect to the internet for verifying my BBID

[ Edited ]
Hi, I am currently unable to connect to the internet because my Bold 9900 wants me to verify my BBID. But I won't be able to without an internet connection. When I took a flight to Germany I turned off both wifi and mobile network. When I arrived I simply switched SIM cards so that I could use my phone in Germany. I then booted it up and had to type in the code for the SIM card first. Then they wanted me to type in my phone's password. Finally, I was asked to type in my BBID and password. That I can't do because I turned off both wifi and mobile network. And now I'm stuck in a loop. Would it be possible to connect it to my computer, do a backup, restore the phone, and then load the backup again? I really hope someone can help me and I thank you in advance. Best regards, Sebastian
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Unable to connect to the internet for verifying my BBID

[ Edited ]

Hi Mastermase

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

When you try to login with your BlackBerry ID and password , are you getting any error message while doing so ?

In addition , do you have Roaming data plan on your SIM account from your Carrier ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mastermase

[ Edited ]
Hi and thanks for your reply, I don't need Roaming because I'm using a German SIM and the internet is working on my old phone when I switch SIM cards. When I insert sim and battery and then turn it on, it asks me to type in the 4-digit pin for the SIM card. Then I have to type in the password for my phone. Easy. What I noticed though is that the network connection sign in the upper right corner was indicating that the network connection is turned off. But then the "BlackBerry Sign In"-mask appears where they want me to sign in with my Blackberry ID to use the device. After having typed in username and password, I clicked on the button that said "sign in". It just erases my password and under the ID it says: "Attempt 8/10 The username and password provided did not correspond to a valid Blackberry ID. " Having read that on the first attempt already, I checked my username and password online and it worked well. So I think that the device cannot connect to the internet to verify what I type in. So, do you think I can just do a backup, restore my phone, turn on wifi in the setup process of the device, enter BBID, turn on my network connection and then restore it using the backup? Regards, Sebastian.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mastermase

Does anyone have an idea?
Please use plain text.