Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

anafiro
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Unable to login to your Blackberry ID account

Hello all,

I just purchased the BB Bold 9900 and switched from my Torch 9800. All seemed good after the Desktop manager data and application switch, then switched to the new PIN on my provider's Blackberry page and everything went smooth.

I was able to login to the device Email setup (using Blackberry ID) then also to App World and all worked perfectly.

A few hours later, and without any reason, now signing in to Blackberry ID through either the Email setup or App World fails with the error "Unable to login to your Blackberry ID account".

I can login with the same BB ID and password on the Blackberry ID website, so the account is not locked out. Also, I am not typing the wrong password on the device, because when I do, I get a different error (the email and password combination is not that of a valid Blackberry iD).

So apparently, this is an issue with the actual Blackberry ID authentication module. I read a lot of blogs and forums, and many people said it's due to the cached PIN (since I migrated data from my old Torch). I tried removing App World and re-installing a different version (including the Beta 3.0), still same problem occurs. 

I don't want to go through the hassle of a full wipe and restore, so please help! Can anyone let me know how to get this working?

Thanks

Firas

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcjjackson

Re: Unable to login to your Blackberry ID account

I have this same issue.  I have the Bold 9900, I can sign in to the Blackberry ID via the blackberry's web browser, but if I click Options > Device > Blackberry ID, I can't sign-in.  the same with App world.

Would appreciate some help on this issue as well.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vikzababe
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Ooo, me too. Exactly the same situation. Please help!

Thank you, V
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gtirsmiley

I'm in the exact same situation... Except I stupidly deleted my BB ID, and now I'm into alot of problems as it was linked to my Playbook ..

Don't do what I did, your probably better of just waiting for a solution. I think your best bet is to try a backup and wipe and restore. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcjjackson

I performed a security wipe and reinstalled/setup everything again and it seems to be ok now. If you can't wait for a solution, maybe give that a try.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BHRider
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

I believe that the security swipe is the solution, I had the same problem exactly like yours, it works fine now
incidently it cleared the error the the speadsheet as well
BHRider
Please use plain text.
markngn

Ah, is there a way to fix this WITHOUT doing a wipe? 

Can't believe there isnt a fix yet

: (

Please use plain text.
Contributor
catwoman66
My Device: 9900 - PlayBook 16gb

Same here - so I guess unless an update is given to fix the bug then the only option is a wipe, great :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nas911
My Device: bold 9900

9900 i have the same problem, any solution for this matter???  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jon-

I'm going to security wipe and report back.
Jon

http://lovetyres.com
Please use plain text.