Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
KenBowker
My Device: BOLD 9780
My Carrier: MTN Zambia

Unable to open email set-up application-Contact your wireless service provider

[ Edited ]

My Blackberry information: My device: BOLD 9780, Carrier: MTN Zambia; OS release 6.0.0.294. i have a BIS monthly subscription paid for.

I am unable to set up my Gmail email account or surf the internet.

I bought my phone in the UK and subscribed to BB via T-Mobile successfully setting up my Gmail email. within a few weeks I left the UK for Zambia. I contacted T-mobile to de-register my BB, and in fact my T-mobile subscription subsequently expired as well. Since then, MTN Zambia have not been able to activate my email. When I turn off the WIFI i cannot access the internet either. I get the error report: "browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan...." All other services (SMS, Phone calls, WIFI) appear to work well. I have tried the following:

1. Options>network connections>menu>diagnostics test> report indicated phone is registered and all report lines indicate successful connection.

2. Setup>email accounts: only option given is for enterprise account where previously it offered internet email setup.

3. Messages>menu>options>email account management: gives error "unable to open email set-up application. contact your wireless server provider"-unfortunately I have visited MTN Zambia in person and they have not been able to assist. They advised T-mobile should unregister the previous subscription which i believe was done, because I received a new email from BB entitled "RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2", but I have no way of getting this set-up data off my laptop and onto my BB.

4. I tried going to the on-line help>communicate>email>Google integrate now>(got quite excited at this point)>Launch email setup: HTTP status 500: Exception report :"The server encountered an internal error.....with plenty of text following with final comment: "The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the JBossWeb/2.0.1.GA logs"

I would be grateful for some assistance since I think I have exhausted all local avenues and have not been able to find a similar problem in the forums. Thanks, Ken

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Unable to open email set-up application-Contact your wireless service provider

In order to use any BlackBerry services (BB Messenger, email, facebook, twitter, etc.) you have to have a BlackBerry data plan, even if you're only going to use WiFi.

MTN Zambia might have given you a generic data plan which will work for other phone brands but not a BlackBerry.  Call them and tell them what services you need and have them upgrade your account.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KenBowker
My Device: BOLD 9780
My Carrier: MTN Zambia

Re: Unable to open email set-up application-Contact your wireless service provider

Thank you BillJ. I have personally delivered my BB for a period of 3 days to MTN Zambia's head office and they have failed to resolve the issue. I am paying about $13.50/month for BB data services and when I run the diagnostics report it confirms my BB is registered correctly. Any other ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lowie1993
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: BASE

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am pretty new with smartphones and BlackBerry, this caused a lot of frustration...

Today I am still working with a BASE prepaid card.

But that is normally not a problem, if you hear what BASE says:

what can you do with your BlackBerry? Thanks to the BASE BlackBerry option, you are notified instantly:

• Whenever you receive an e-mail or a message via BBM
  • Whenever there are updates from your social networks
  • Your e-mail at the touch of a button

Send and receive your e-mail instantly. Consult the attached files at your convenience.

• BBM (BlackBerry Messenger)

Easily chat with other BlackBerry users around the world.

• Facebook

The Facebook application for BlackBerry keeps you up-to-date with all the recent notifications on your Facebook page.

• Twitter

Thanks to the Twitter application for BlackBerry, you can follow your friends, search for subjects that interest you and talk to people in real-time.

• do even more with your BlackBerry!

Thanks to BlackBerry® App World, you can have even more fun on your mobile phone and add even more features.

What do you need if you want to surf on your BlackBerry in Belgium?

• a BASE call plan: prepaid card or subscription
  • a BlackBerry option
  • a BlackBerry smartphone

EVEN WITH A PREPAID CARD, so paid for this option, I text BB to 1912, this gives me 500MB for one month... I received a message back: You're 30 -days BlackBerry option is activated.

Short after that I register my BlackBerry with the Host Routing Table option... And I receive a 'good to go' text back.

But I am still  not able to start a e mail account or even surf on the internet (only with my home wi-fi I can or other open networks.)

I hope this is easy to solve.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Visitor
nfakhrul
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: nuance telecommunications

[ Edited ]

Hi, i kind a have the same problem with you, so now hav you solve your problem? and how you solve it? please send me an email to <removed> .tqvm

EDIT: Personal Information such as e-mail is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dq72
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

I bought a used 9300 for my mom, so it's easier to text, basically all she uses it for.

She is on a pay as you go voice plan, an just uses wifi for surfing the net etc.

When I try and setup an email account for her to use when she's on wifi it fails with the same message "Unable to open email set-up application-Contact your wireless service provider".

On my wifes Iphone she can setup a local email account without a data plan (only wifi), how can this be done on a blackberry?

BES 5.0.4
BES 10.2
Exchange 2010
SQL2008R2
Please use plain text.
Visitor
rosemarysbaby
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

I have the same problem. I can't set up my personal email account on my blacberry to read directly email. I've tried to set up three different mail account without any result. First it seemed to be a problem based on firewall settings but after removing the firewall protection nothing changed. So I have a BB half-working... Could anybody give me any suggestion? Thank you
Please use plain text.