Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Hsandhu
My Device: 9700

Unable to register my bold 9700 on Rogers Network

Hi All

I bought a Bold 9700 from India and it was originally registered on Vodafone UK. I brought it to Canada and when I am trying to activate it on Roges network, it doesnt get registered on Rogers Network.  I triedto create a BIS account but I get an error message "Your BlackBerry® Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated." I tried creating an account on vodafone UK's website as well but same response. At this stage i cant send it back to India. I tried calling rogers support but they said this has to be done by RIM only. Now I am not sure what can bethe reason behind this message. Can someone help ?. I did call vodafone UK and they informed me that they need the fone number to pull the account and all. I have no clue who the preivuos owner is of the fone.

Harry

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unable to register my bold 9700 on Rogers Network

The previous carrier, VodafoneUK, or the previous owner of the device, reported the device as lost or stolen... and you bought it. I know, not good.

But once a device is on the lost/stolen list and the PIN of the device is listed as suspended or deactivated, there is nothing that can be done. Sometimes, this is only due to the fact that the previous owner left the account owing money, and then sold the device.

I know it is no consolation for you, but research ahead of time in buying used devices will save headaches.

Read this:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Buying_a_BlackBerry_off_eBay

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.