Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
omxter
My Device: Bold 9000
Accepted Solution

Unable to reinstall bb maps

hey , i deleted the bb maps by mistake and when trying to download it i have 2 options 1 is when RIM sends me a download link which then downloads an "lbs_ribbon" which is 10 Kb only! and doesnt really do anything besides being added to the app list  but the application it self is no show.

the second choice on the official website tells me to connect the phone and press next and then gives me an "unspecified error has occurred"

another thing i ve tried is downloading bb maps 1.2 zip file on my pc and adding the alx file on the app loader on desktop manager which then successfully installs the maps but on running i get an error" error starting net_rim_lbs:class 'net.rim.device.apps.api.quickcontact.QuickContactIcons' not found"

i am on a carrier called Etisalat egypt ..my data plan is working and unlimited and they are not blocking the maps like AT&T  (as it was working perfect right before i delete it)

i am using a Bold 9000

V4.6.0.303 (platform4.0.0.248)

cryptographic kernel v3.8.5.50a

3rd party apps installed :

Bebuzz,facebook,windows live messenger.

any help would be more than appreciated

thanks.

Omar

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
JSanders
Solutions: 5,985
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unable to reinstall bb maps

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use, identical to that loaded to your device now.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Make certain Desktop Manager is closed on your PC.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

4. Choose in the applicaitons list your BlackBerry Maps to install, and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
omxter
My Device: Bold 9000

I could never be more thankful JSanders you are a life saver and i will forever owe you...

Thank you ..Thank you ..and Thank you.

Omar.

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
JSanders

You are very very welcome and you owe me nothing, your "thanks" did it.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
joekrebs
My Device: Storm

Sorry to jump in here, but I am trying to do the same thing and followed the above directions to a T. When I open the app loader though, it gives me 2 options:

1. Leave the system applications on the device unchanged (recommended)
2. Replace the devices applications with the older version provided by the Blackberry Software.

I really only want to install BBMaps, but if I choose option 2 will it resent all applications on my phone including third party options? When I choose option 1, it doesn't give me the option to install BB Maps. Just want to make sure I don't ruin my phone.
JSanders

joe, then you have not downloaded and installed the same or higher OS release for your model device.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
joekrebs

J, I downloaded the OS from the website you provided for my storm 9530 which was version 5.0.0.  My phone says I have version 5.0.0.419 currently installed.  Do you have any idea where I might be able to find the 5.0.0.419?  I'm currently a verizon customer if that makes any difference.  Thanks so much for your help!

JSanders

joekrebs, what is the exact name of the file you downloaded?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
joekrebs

Looks like the file was called:

9530AMEA_PBr5_1_0.0_rel508_PL4.2.0.128_A5.0.0.328

JSanders

5.0.0.328 < 5.0.0.419, so therefore it thinks you're wanting to downgrade. Verizon does have the .419 version, as well as the most recent .1015 version.

Knowledge Base Updates