Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Andrewb_99
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Unable to sync my new bold 9900 with MS Outlook 2010

I am using version 7.1 in both the bold and Blackberry desktop software - and it goes through the records - but when it comes to 'read' the records it takes nearly 2 hours and then does not sync the calender at all.  Any ideas??

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS

Re: Unable to sync my new bold 9900 with MS Outlook 2010

Hi Andrewb_99,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Can you please provide a bit more information so we can better assist you with this? Are you doing a two-way synchronization? How many calendar entries do you have and what is the full error message you receive during or after the synchronization process? Are you able to sucessfully synchronize Contacts, Tasks, or Memopad if you temporarily disable the Calendar synchronization?

Thanks,

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Andrewb_99
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks so much for respondon. I think it is due to the multi-calenders etc.  The calender won't sync at all and if I set up a new contact item it will sync - but if I amend an existing entry it creates a duplicate and does not sync.  Tasks and memo's don't seem to be syncing.  On previous Blackberry phones it has worked well - it is just this new software seems to have thrown up these issues.  Also when it looks at the data (or restores) it take seconds - but when you actually start doing the sync itself in Calendar or Contacts it takes nearly 2 hours on each section to "read" the data.  This has also never happened before - so I don't believe that it has anything to with my LAN - as it is a local machine talking to a server - but everything else goes very fast.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS

Hey Andrewb_99,

Can you please verify if you are using a Micrsoft Exchange Server or another type of server? Could you also please try resetting your configuration settings, rebooting the computer then setting up synchronization again for each individual organizer one at a time and testing synchronization with each of them individually? You can do this in BlackBerry Desktop Software > Organizer > Reset Configuration

Let me know the results.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.