Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Unable to update blackberry id account information while offline

I have BB 9900.

I have registered for a Blackberry ID.

I have registered on Blackberry World.

I can download apps to my phone when my phone is connected to the computer.

When I try to enter by Blackberry ID on my phone I get the message : Unable to update blackberry ID account information while offline

The Blackberry Internet status is not connected - and I cannot see how to connect it.

If I try to download an app from my phone I get the message : no cached credentials

How do I enter my Blackberry ID on my phone?

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Unable to update blackberry id account information while offline

Hi shark_bait

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You have to Activate BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS on your account, It will allow you to add your BlackBerry ID on your phone and will allow you to use all BlackBerry Service over your Mobile Network . Please call your Carrier or Mobile service provider they can add it on your account.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 9320

[ Edited ]

i have exactly  the same problem like when i try and go on blackberry app world it says and i quote "app world requires the latest version of blackberry id" even thought i have created one on this website... when i click update it says sorry the software update server is unavailable please try again and i tryed again and it still said the same thing. Also on BBM  my requests wont go throught to other people and theres wont come to mine. i have tryed ringing virgin and they said you have to top up 5 pounds and text month to a number i just dont know what to do can you help me??? Another thing when i try to look at my id settings it says unable to update blackberry id account information while offline.

Elite II

Amy9098 wrote:

i have exactly  the same problem like when i try and go on blackberry app world it says and i quote "app world requires the latest version of blackberry id" even thought i have created one on this website... when i click update it says sorry the software update server is unavailable please try again and i tryed again and it still said the same thing. Also on BBM  my requests wont go throught to other people and theres wont come to mine. i have tryed ringing virgin and they said you have to top up 5 pounds and text month to a number i just dont know what to do can you help me??? Another thing when i try to look at my id settings it says unable to update blackberry id account information while offline.

Hi Amy9098

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

To use BlackBerry App World or BBM over our mobile network we need a specific BlackBerry Data Plan without that you won't be able to use such application over your Carrier network , however BlackBerry world will work over wifi but not BBM !

If you Carrier says you need something more in your account then you have to add it otherwise those apps will not work . So , call your Carrier and let them know in detail the application you want to use , I hope your carrier will let you know what kind of BlackBerry plan you need from them to use those apps.

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

what is a carrier may i ask also virgin media have told me to get access to app world and bbm you need to top up 5 to 10 pounds and text the word month to a certain number also what i would like to know is if i have a the correct id as it says to update it

New Contributor

how do you get a data plan?

Elite II

Amy9098 wrote:

how do you get a data plan?

Amy, who is your mobile network provider ? If it is Virgin media then ask them to add BlackBerry Data Plan also known as BIS , they can add it in your account . If you have a PAYG account then ask the same you may need to top up with some additional amount to use those BlackBerry applications .

So , please call or contact  your Carrier or Mobile network provider they can surely help you in this regard.

Good luck.

New Contributor

i have called my carrier and they said to get a data plan or blackberry pass top up 5 pound and text the word month to 789030 and top up 5 pound a month if i do that i will beable to get access to bbm and other apps this is for anyone else who is having the same problem !

Elite II

Amy9098 wrote:

i have called my carrier and they said to get a data plan or blackberry pass top up 5 pound and text the word month to 789030 and top up 5 pound a month if i do that i will beable to get access to bbm and other apps this is for anyone else who is having the same problem !

Well done.. Enjoy your BlackBerry :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

Unable to update blackberry I'd account information while offline .... always open my blackberry I'd give this answer ... What shall. I do ?