Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Unable to upgrade to version 7.1.0 bundle 1149

Hi,

Can anyone help please. I have had a notification on my BB 9900 (UK Vodafone) that version 7.1.0 bundle 1149 is available to download.

When I try and download it on my BB it tried for a min or two then says "update request failed.. try again later or update using blackberry desktop manager on your computer."

I then downloaded the latest version of "Blackberry Desktop Software" and clicked on "update" - it then reported "There are no blackberry device software updartes available."

So I am stuck.

This is very frustrating as one of the advantages of the new release is increased battery life - which as we all know the 9900 need desperately.

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Axis

Re: Unable to upgrade to version 7.1.0 bundle 1149

When the device manager didnt recognize the blackberry, it was the time when windows tried to install the software via windows update. Just wait and let your computer get connected to the web. Try to delete the vendor.xml file on your computer. Could be found from normal windows search. My recommendation, upgrade your blackberry from the loader, dont use the device manager.
Regular Contributor
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

After you installed DM, it sounds like you didn't download and install the OS for your phone. Go to the blackberry dowload site for your carrier and download the OS, then install it on your PC. You will have to reboot after you install it. Then restart DM and connect your phone. DM should tell you the update is available. If so, follow the instructions. It's really not difficult.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Visitor
My Device: BlackBerrry Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTC Namibia

Hi,

I'm also having trouble upgrading to version 7.1.0.

I can not download the update because apparenty my phone can not connect to the update server using Wi-Fi. Do i have to download the update via the PC or is there another method i can use to download it directly to the phone.

Please someone help.

Thank you.

Tuyeni 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Hi,

You may try to download using PC from blackberry device software download. Once you finish the installation  then install it on your PC.

Connect Device with PC using USB cable access location c:\Prog* files\Common files\Res* in motion\App loader\Loader.exe

Double click on loader.exe, it will prompt a setup window, follow the instruction carefully and OS will upgrade in 30 to 45 mins.

Revert, in case any assistance required in between

Good luck