Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
20ERB
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Unassigned Number/Invalid Mandatory Information

Hi!

I've suddenly been having trouble with my Blackberry Bold 9900 over the last month or so (roughly since Orange switched to EE) where everything works fine on my phone except sending SMS messages. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, it's very hit and miss.

When it's not working a little red cross comes up beside the SMS I've tried to send with either

'Unassigned Number'

or

'Invalid Mandatory Information'

There doesn't seem to be a pattern as to which error message it displays they just appear. I've trawled the web looking for answers and the usual; check your centre number, check GSM/GPRS, check you have SMS acitvated on your account, check your recipient has SMS, reboot etc haven't worked. Infact rebooting it often causes this problem! My phone will be working fine, I have to reboot because of applications and then my SMS service doesn't work.

The thing that's weird is that sometimes I can send SMSs and sometimes I can't. It's not constant. Any help would be much appreciated! It's getting very annoying now!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unassigned Number/Invalid Mandatory Information

Try the suggestion posted by another user.

Message 7

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
20ERB

Changed to 'Packet Switch Preferred' and it immediately came up with a warning; 'the security of this connection cannot be verified'

Tried to resend a message, same red cross but now with the error message 'requested facility not subscribed' :/

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I'd suggest you call Orange. SMS services are not data services and don't flow over the RIM BlackBerry network, and only your mobile provider can troubleshoot those. There is very little related to SMS on the handheld device other than those things you say you've already tried and suggestions that have worked for others in the other thread I linked.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
20ERB

Ok, thanks, just thought I'd try here first. I'm very technologically inept so I have no idea what I'm doing when things go wrong. Just need someone to point me in the right direction which you have, thanks! :smileyhappy: